Broken stories everywhere

Neural.1824

I have played GW2 on and off for nearly a year in the open world, WvW, Fractals with NO connection problems. I gave up on the story because after half a day of trying I wasn't going to spend any more time on the problems of story advancement in Istan. I'd get all the way up to the final part of the story line there, and it would simply reset my story all the way back to Amnoon.

Tonight I am on my THIRD run with Crystalline Memories on a different character. Not only have I been disconnected twice, the 2nd time the Crystal Guardian bugged to where I couldn't break his shield.

When are we going to get save points within the story instances?
At what point can we simply have the story unlocked after spending countless hours fighting problems with the story that Arenanet has decided aren't important enough to fix.

As it stands currently, I can't get the Roller Beetle mount, because I can't even get out of Istan.

@Neural.1824 said:As it stands currently, I can't get the Roller Beetle mount, because I can't even get out of Istan.The roller beetle mount is part of episode 3, which you can start independently of earlier episodes. If it's just the mount you're after, simply switch the story to ep3. You won't have to go anywhere near Istan for that.

As for the rest, we do have save points in most of the more recent story missions. Try playing the story with somebody else (have them open) and you'll have regular pop-ups to accept story steps (that double as savepoints) within instances. Not sure how your Istan story resets to Amnoon, unless you mean to say that the first story instace in Amnoon never finishes properly in your case.

Checking your hardware, settings and connection does sound like a good idea though. I regularly play all kinds of story steps (lots of characters and friends that enjoy playing story together) and I haven't had a crash or bug for a long time. You might also want to consider contacting support to try and help you figure out some of the reasons why story instances don't seem to agree with your game.

@Neural.1824 said:Tonight I am on my THIRD run with Crystalline Memories on a different character. Not only have I been disconnected twice, the 2nd time the Crystal Guardian bugged to where I couldn't break his shield.

I did this yesterday...the Guadian's shield stayed up the entire time. So, I parked my character - a Ranger - in a good spot and went afk for about 40-50 mins. I knew better than to leave the instance because that full reset crap has happened to me before, too.

@Neural.1824 said:

@Rasimir.6239 said:Checking your hardware, settings and connection does sound like a good idea though.

I fail to see how hardware would be an issue when I've had no trouble at all playing other instanced content (fractals, dungeons, and core story content).Just because it's instanced doesn't mean it's working on the same code base and reacting the same way to your computer setup.

Archived