Do you think GW2 is finally balanced on DPS part?

KeoLegend.5132

For years since i started playing it looks like for the first time we have real DPS options here.Im not asking if there is or isn't any op damage classes, but rather, can all classes do some good amount of DPS now?

When i go look benchmark websites i see at least one spec of any class doing over 32k DPS, which should be decent for any raid or T4 content. Do you guys think that DPS is finally going on the right track of making all classes viable (in one way or another)?

@Kas.3509 said:Dps will be balanced if every class has valid condi and power build and they differ max +/- 2k when executed perfectly with similiar amount of group utility.

Its better than it used to be though.

imo doesnt actually matter because we're talking about perfect golem rotations, but on a real scenario i beleive it would matter that much.Take Power Deadeye for example, crazy damage, but single target. Maybe a 32k AoE would get rid of a mob faster than the oneshotting deadeyes. But im happy that is way better than it used to be

It's been my experience that if someone is putting out poor DPS in a T4, it isn't because of profession imbalance.

Realistically though, benchmarks such as the OP described are of importance to raiders only, and even then, many might opt for a profession with a lower benchmark but which has a less complicated (aka less likely to screw up) rotation.

Archived