Solo roaming, some help needed

kiranslee.4829

@kiranslee.4829 said:

@apharma.3741 said:I was going to write a lot but I don't really care tbh.

You should never win a 1vX against anyone you consider good. NEVER.

If you're having trouble vs power mes and ele I think you need to practise more or there might be weakness in your build because a spellbreaker should win or draw this every time unless the mes is ranging you with mantra of pain.

I dont understand why u respond to topic when you are not reading what i wrote. But please, im willing to learn, ill go condi mirage and and you can go any SPB build you can imagine and teach me how pro war can beat mirage, since after spending 6k h on war i guess i need teacher.

Funny you mention not reading when I said power mesmer not condi. You explicitly stated you had issues with power mirage and I'm telling you that you should win every time unless they're perma kiting you with mantra of pain.

I thought you'd said you were having problems with power mirage but I may have got my posts crossed so I do apologise if you don't have issues with power mesmer.

As for ele, abuse AoE to proc full counter and when they're stunned hit them hard. They will stunbreak and heal but eventually they will run out of stunbreaks/stab if they're playing stab on stance. Just keep getting FC procs and a follow up burst proc and you'll easily out sustain them on defence builds. A sigil of absorption would also be useful or doom to help lower their healing/cleanses. At worst they're running water/arcana/weaver and really high toughness in which case they're not going to kill you or you kill them. Ignore and move on.

If in a team fight ignore the ele and rely on FC and any cleave to keep pressure on them while you kill other players.

If you're looking for another class soulbeast is probably the most broken thing in WvW atm, play that. I wouldn't recommend condi mirage, you may wash but you'll never feel clean again even if it's the most viable mesmer build.

I seem to have the wrong idea about roaming. I usually do it to help keep camps and flags flipped, and scout out enemies and crosses on towers and keeps. Mostly just dink around and help where I can -- build siege, fix wall, run dolys, wear down keep walls or provide distraction with my catas. You be surprised at how many keeps I have cracked open and the zerg never came to take. But it did help because I made the enemy use all their supply fixing it and the zerg was able to take it shortly thereafter.

I usually take out my ranger or guardian, but have roamed on all my classes.

My guard isn't all that powerful, but can flip a camp before the crosses show and can usually take down glass builds if I survive the initial burst. Occassionally I do a 1 v 1, but that's not my purpose. Sure I die a bit, but I don't care. Those few I take down or end up running away because they thought I'd be easy pickings makes me happy.

Sometimes I think this game has become too focused on having the right build and gear then creating fun.

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:

Sometimes I think this game has become too focused on having the right build and gear then creating fun.

I would disagree only that the game hasn’t become focused on that. Some Players have.

Which is why I love your next statement:

My guard isn't all that powerful, but can flip a camp before the crosses show and can usually take down glass builds if I survive the initial burst. Occassionally I do a 1 v 1, but that's not my purpose. Sure I die a bit, but I don't care. Those few I take down or end up running away because they thought I'd be easy pickings makes me happy

Exactly why I play: I have fun. If I am joining a party or squad, I will adapt my build more to suit their needs, but otherwise, I enjoy trying to do things that the Meta (and I am not downing ‘meta’) says I shouldn’t be able to do.

Archived