How do I uninstall Season 2?

GW Noob.6038

I'm going back into the Heart of Thorns story to get some achievements but each time I complete a step and exit the instance my story automatically switches back to season 2 content, thus preventing me from progressing in the HoT episodes that I need to do for the achievements...meaning: I'm forced to start the HoT episode all over again from the beginning. As far as I'm aware, there isn't anything of value in season 2, so how do I uninstall this unwanted nuisance from my game?

You can't uninstall living world seasons. However this wiki article on the story journal might be of help to you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal

The tl;dr if you don't want to play season 2 but have access to other seasons you want to play (3 or 4) or if you want to play uncompleted core story, or replay certain HoT, or PoF main story episodes use the story journal to select what you want to play.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2t21at/complete_bioluminescence_collection_guide_the/https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Armor_Chest_(Bioluminescence)

which is on top of any achievement points gained while playing and completing Living World Season 2. As well as story which connects vanilla to HoT.

Man 'O man...that's some of the ugliest armor in the game! Especially for males...well, Alpha males, anyway. :P

At any rate, I already have all my ascended stuff so this set is superfluous. Besides, I know how much Anet loves raking people across the coals when they want something...I want to avoid as many unnecessary jumping puzzles as I possibly can! :D

• 2 weeks later...

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I'm going back into the Heart of Thorns story to get some achievements but each time I complete a step and exit the instance my story automatically switches back to season 2 content, thus preventing me from progressing in the HoT episodes that I need to do for the achievements...meaning: I'm forced to start the HoT episode all over again from the beginning. As far as I'm aware, there isn't anything of value in season 2, so how do I uninstall this unwanted nuisance from my game?press "h" and click heart of thorns and click continue story. also ls2 gives mp.

You can stop the current episode you are currently in, except for your Personal Story, by opening your Hero panel (H), then going to your journal tab (star), and hit "Quit Playing" -- or simply choosing another episode and hitting "Start". This will shift your current focus.*

(*The only way to make Personal Story disappear, unfortunately, is to complete it. When a Living World episode or expansion is complete, if Personal Story is not complete it will always snap back to PS)

Archived