What are you climbing with this season?

bbop.9706

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Sampson.2403" said:Revenant - seriously the most engaging and entertaining spec I've played so far besides maybe elementalist.

I hate Revenant. Like a lot. Even the things I like about Revenant I hate because they feel shoe-horned into a class when they would fit better elsewhere.

I hate the class thematically, it feels completely lacking in theme. Rather than actually filling in a niche that Guild Wars 2's classes lacked, namely an Anti-Paladin, it's basically trying to be everything at once and just feels like a mess. Necromancers feel like necromancers. Thieves feel like thiefs. Warriors feel like warriors. Rangers feel like rangers. Revenants feel like some hideous hybrid of thief and warrior in terms of execution. "Enter the mists" skills like Phase Traversal, Death Strike, Unrelenting Assault just ripping off thief shadowsteps.

Even the fun stuff about the revenants, like a variety of individual skills that are fun to use, just feel like thief or warrior skills. Like Sword skills 3,4 and 5 would feel more exciting and fitting skills for an offhand sword thief Elite specialization.

It's always bummed me out that rather than give us a real class they basically threw all the leftovers from the fridge into a blender and made a smoothie out of it. And I'm not exactly interested in a salami, kiwi, apple, sour cream, sriracha sauce, yogurt, loaf of bread, onion and carrot smoothie.

If you add some In-N-Out special sauce to that smoothie, it might actually taste pretty good but only if you drink it through a straw to help even out the chunks of salami.

Rev. Its a walking delete button and I feel impactful playing it. It's also vulnerable enough to where I don't feel as cheap as playing condi mirage or boonbeast. I'll prob be playing the glint/shiro build this season, but last season I did a condi survival jalis/kalla build that got me to plat so I should be able to climb higher this season.

@DerJoker.9081 said:I'm having fun on my reaper build that runs Aristocracy Runes and Curses instead of Soulreaping.Blighters Boon and Corrupting might gives insane LF-regeneration and healing, with more proc dmg / corrupt / anti condi on the curses traitline

sounds good, been trying to find a somewhat tanky reaper build using wells with chrono runes. Might have a look at this idea..

Archived