Why should I pay for the story, when I already have bought both expansions?

If it is expensive to you, you can get that gold in a few days by farming the profitable maps or just playing Hot meta events which are a big part of the story anyway. Or if you are not in such a hurry just by playing the game and selling drops.You can see it as a grind wall to progress and GW2 is one mmorpg that has the least grinding if you just want to experience the game and are not a fashion freak. Hell if you buy the game now you get free pass to 80. Exotic gear which is just fine for 99 % of the content is just a few gold (and you don't need it for farming anyway). Basically you could get the gold in the first week of playing. But if you are here for the story this is not something you would enjoy (neither do I) but just normally playing the game from start to 80 will probably get almost to the point where you can start buying LSW. People don't realize that they usually have lots of gold in their material storage.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Squirrel.6318" said:I just think it's unfair for new players, i'm trying to put myself in THEIR perspective, i've got most of the living stories for free and can buy them myself, but for new players, I don't think it's fair for them.Except it is. Remember, they most probably bought the game at a heavy discount. And they didn't need to pay for core. Even when adding up LS price, new players financially are still ahead compared to veterans. I'd say it's more than fair.

Well the game is like 7 years old now it SHOULD be cheaper for them. It's ancient now. If anything having to pay for the story, after buying both expansions, it's a deterrent to new players. When we played the game was filled with life in every zone, well when I started it was, now we barely see any people, so core lands are pretty much dead. We have so many zones that are ghost towns. I don't even see any guilds recruiting on map chat anymore. What this game needs badly is to keep people constantly coming and playing, not something to deter new players. I mean not even Divinity's reach has many people and this is like during the lunar event. Not even our latest maps have many people. Thunderhead peaks, first time I was in there I couldn't find anyone. I literally said in map chat once I got there, "Is this zone dead already?" and no one responded lol, it was empty. This was like 3 days after the episode came out.

@"Squirrel.6318" said:Thunderhead peaks, first time I was in there I couldn't find anyone. I literally said in map chat once I got there, "Is this zone dead already?" and no one responded lol, it was empty. This was like 3 days after the episode came out.

To be fair, this could be attributed to timing. Often maps will empty when the new daily hits or populations may be lower when there is a festival going on. Maybe this was why?And it if were truly 3 days after release, maybe the mega-server had you on a new spawn of the map and that other ones were already highly populated?

Archived