all or nothing feedback

Hot Boy.7138

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I just finished the episode. I know I'm late. Just wanted to say that I was totally blown away. I only play for the episodes now. Keep them coming anet. They have become phenomenal.

The Finale is coming in 1-2 months, and then the whole new Season of Living World right after it.

Season 4 has been the best Season so far, but what is crucial to keep it that way is to make the Finale better than anything else we have seen so far.

You may want to check 'All or Nothing: Requiem' that gives us more insight into characters. We got one story out of three, and the first one is about Rytlock.Two more are yet to be released in the near future: Caithe and Zafirah.

I won't spoil Rytlock's story, but it's a huge lore bomb and reveals a lot of loose plots from Rytlock's past.

@Arden.7480 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I just finished the episode. I know I'm late. Just wanted to say that I was totally blown away. I only play for the episodes now. Keep them coming anet. They have become phenomenal.

The Finale is coming in 1-2 months, and then the whole new Season of Living World right after it.

Season 4 has been the best Season so far, but what is crucial to keep it that way is to make the Finale better than anything else we have seen so far.

You may want to check 'All or Nothing: Requiem' that gives us more insight into characters. We got one story out of three, and the first one is about Rytlock.Two more are yet to be released in the near future: Caithe and Zafirah.

I won't spoil Rytlock's story, but it's a huge lore bomb and reveals a lot of loose plots from Rytlock's past.

i'll look it up now. thanks

You know it was going to happen. Aurene is too powerful of a plot point to keep in play as she is. In becoming an elder dragon, she stands to either blow the world up by starting a war with the other elder dragons that would see her as a threat, or simply be an omnipotent character where the Commander really isn't needed in the story anymore.

Aurene is also not truly dead or the mastery track 'Crystal Champion' would have to be removed from the game. Can't share power with a dead thing... That's just way wrong.

@"Nova.7261" said:You know it was going to happen. Aurene is too powerful of a plot point to keep in play as she is. In becoming an elder dragon, she stands to either blow the world up by starting a war with the other elder dragons that would see her as a threat, or simply be an omnipotent character where the Commander really isn't needed in the story anymore.

Aurene is also not truly dead or the mastery track 'Crystal Champion' would have to be removed from the game. Can't share power with a dead thing... That's just way wrong.

Aurene's involvement becomes rather pointless after she takes over Kralk's position though. Because she's fulfilled her destiny. She wouldn't "blow the world up by starting a war with the other elder dragons" because her entire existence is to keep that from happening and to create balance. She knows from our journeys together that she can't just kill another elder dragon. Sure, she could grant us reinforcements to fight off the elder dragon's minions or attempt to act as a jailor of some sort, but she knows she couldn't just kill them.

And omnipotent? How would she be omnipotent? And using that logic Kralk is already omnipotent and essentially immortal as we COULD kill him, but we can't without blowing up Tyria. So he's immortal by the necessity his existence has to the fate of the world.

People just keep assuming that Aurene is our little dragon servant that does our bidding because she's been along with us on this journey and helped us out against Joko and Balthazar, but are missing the point that she was destined to do so to get to where she needed to be. She may resemble the commander's child despite the commander being her "champion" but children grow up and make their own decisions. She's already shown that she is growing up and making those decisions by taking off from us at multiple points this season to go whatever she has or wants to do. Whether it's saving villages from Branded attacks or brooding in Glint's sanctuary.

I mean, at this point, they either leave her dead and write her death off as some cog in the deus ex machina they come up with to defeat Kralk and resolve the plot, or they bring her back and have her fulfill her destiny and write the bond we have with her off in a way that concludes her immediate involvement in the commander's problems. Either way, when you start creating a plot about Elder Dragons eating god magic, jumping in and out of rifts, consuming reality, and having the deaths of said dragons brining the apocalypse, you're going to have to start stretching the story at some point. And I'd personally rather them stretch the story in the way that make sense and pays off on where we've been instead of being jarringly steered into a new direction that had little to no foreshadowing.

The only directions that do that, are Aurene coming back, or the Pale Tree getting involved. And if the pale tree gets involved and somehow winds up as the answer to everything, the only difference between what Aurene would have been and what the Pale Tree has become is that one is a lone dragon (the last of her kind who has her own personality), and the other is a sentient tree that fills the role of mother to an entire civilization of people.

To summarize, it's a mess either way.

Archived