A suggestion for Drooburt for next LNY

Hot Sauce.2867

So, after completing Drooburt's achievement this year ~40k times, I feel like next year it would be great if we could talk with him and sell him luck as a merchant (similarly to selling him Favor tickets during Bazaar of the Four Winds this past year). Could increment the achievement by opening "Ghostly 'Lucky' Envelopes" or some such name, that give out the same red lantern vendor items as during the festival.

Would be pretty rad to have this instead of the 1 essence of luck per second turn in rate.

P.S. I wish I had taken a screenshot either in game of the achievement panel or on my phone of gw2e to show that I did complete it that many times... because I didn't realize that they wouldn't show up this evening after I got home on either :(

I'm pretty sure you can view inactive festival achievements under the Historical tab. Can't check right now but I don't think they're hidden. You could always search for it as well: "New Year, New Quaggan." If you still wanna show off.

FWIW I'm nowhere near maxing out luck, but agree with your idea because it also prevents the bug in my earlier post where you can "overdonate" to Droobie.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:I'm pretty sure you can view inactive festival achievements under the Historical tab. Can't check right now but I don't think they're hidden. You could always search for it as well: "New Year, New Quaggan." If you still wanna show off.

FWIW I'm nowhere near maxing out luck, but agree with your idea because it also prevents the bug in my earlier post where you can "overdonate" to Droobie.

Searching for "new" in the achievement panel doesn't show that achievement. Sometimes the search is borked but it doesn't seem to be anywhere in the historical section either.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:I'm pretty sure you can view inactive festival achievements under the Historical tab. Can't check right now but I don't think they're hidden. You could always search for it as well: "New Year, New Quaggan." If you still wanna show off.

Searching for "new" in the achievement panel doesn't show that achievement. Sometimes the search is borked but it doesn't seem to be anywhere in the historical section either.

Yeah, my guess is that it is hidden since the festival just did its disappearing/phase out thing today and that the achievement will show up again later. Just without it I think that I look absurd and exaggerating via hyperbole. But when I checked gw2efficiency earlier today it was actually pretty close to that number.

@lokh.2695 said:I'd like to get rid of the greedy boring quaggan and bring back x-o-Tron as our comic relief character for festivals.

New holiday event which has both Ho-ho-tron and Drooburt which ask for the same item. ANet tracks which of the two gets more donations.

No reward based on who wins, not like the election in season 1. Just a competition.

Go team Drooburt

@Sarrs.4831 said:

@lokh.2695 said:I'd like to get rid of the greedy boring quaggan and bring back x-o-Tron as our comic relief character for festivals.

New holiday event which has both Ho-ho-tron and Drooburt which ask for the same item. ANet tracks which of the two gets more donations.

No reward based on who wins, not like the election in season 1. Just a competition.

Go team Drooburt

Why not both?

Droobur-o-tron.

@Sarrs.4831 said:

Go team Drooburt

All in for it.

Team Tron is best team!!!

Archived