Why the new mount pulls the gate with a rope when other mechanics in WvW push it to break it???

Terter.4125

@JDub.1530 said:I don't think it's an oversight. Gates are only modeled to be destroyed one way. And they decided they wanted this to be a pull skill not a ramming skill, either as a design choice, or some manner of balancing/mechanics issue (hard to say pre-release). It may be immersion breaking to some, but I'm sure it was still a deliberate choice to have it that way (even if it was just a choice of convenience).

I'm pretty sure they made it a pull as a balancing issue.

The kitties are highly mobile (compared to siege), and ramming the door takes only a moment. They could move around, making them difficult targets until it's time to move in for another hit.

Pulling, however, requires them to be fairly still. They attach the rope/chain, and back up until it's taut. Then, they dig in and pull. This takes longer before it starts to do damage and keeps them in one spot, giving defenders a better chance to shoot them and dismount the riders (possibly before they even manage to do any damage).

Archived