Soulbeast - Why is Stance Stacking allowed in this game?

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

You...

"Soulbeast - Why is Stance Stacking allowed in this game?"

"In all games I have ever played, including guild wars 1, IF you used another stance it would automatically cancel the other active stance then place it on cooldown. how in the hell can I be bear, dolyak, moa same time?! am i MANBEARPIG!?!?!?!

Disable this from happening with ALL stances in the game or things considered stances and buff the stances so that having one up at a time would be worth it rather than having them on longer cooldowns. Don't allow them to stack"

Me..

Explains "stance" to you... Points out facts of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stance and the fact YOU ENJOY STACKING BUFFS AND EFFECTS, LIKE STEALTH, yet other profession buffs and effects are somehow problematic so you want "Don't allow them to stack"...

So if you want this to happen then be prepared for stealth to not stack, nor any other player buffs to stack or your own personal Thief buffs... We can even go to stacking damage modifiers too if you like... Considering your main, at this point, has the ability to be in perma-stealth AND 1 shot unsuspecting players... Or if you fail a gank, then you can easily just run away and reset.

Yeah, this is on topic, so be careful what you want nerfed because it will hit your profession too... that also enjoys stacking self-buffs and from other players.

@"Swagger.1459" said:You...

"In all games I have ever played, including guild wars 1, IF you used another stance it would automatically cancel the other active stance then place it on cooldown. how in the hell can I be bear, dolyak, moa same time?! am i MANBEARPIG!?!?!?!

Disable this from happening with ALL stances in the game or things considered stances and buff the stances so that having one up at a time would be worth it rather than having them on longer cooldowns. Don't allow them to stack"

Me..

Explains "stance" to you... Points out facts of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stance and the fact YOU ENJOY STACKING BUFFS AND EFFECTS, LIKE STEALTH, yet other profession buffs and effects are somehow problematic so you want "Don't allow them to stack"...

So if you want this to happen then be prepared for stealth to not stack, nor any other player buffs to stack or your own personal Thief buffs... We can even go to stacking damage modifiers too if you like... Considering your main, at this point, has the ability to be in perma-stealth AND 1 shot unsuspecting players... Or if you fail a gank, then you can easily just run away and reset.

Yeah, this is on topic, so be careful what you want nerfed because it will hit your profession too... that also enjoys stacking self-buffs and from other players.

Moa stance, bear stance and other utility skills stacking the buffs are multiple effects vs stealth which is just 1. i do believe YOUR point invalid. my issue was it being considered a "stance" as where you wont see someone using Mantis stance IRL combined with tiger unless they switch stances. now if you comeback and "this isnt RL" then fine, why not just rename them spirits or something else and just completely ignore the other suggestions. IMO renaming them would do the least harm but make sense gamewise AND RL wise.

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:You...

Me..

Explains "stance" to you... Points out facts of
and the fact YOU ENJOY STACKING BUFFS AND EFFECTS, LIKE STEALTH, yet other profession buffs and effects are somehow problematic so you want "Don't allow them to stack"...

Moa stance, bear stance and other utility skills stacking the buffs are multiple effects vs stealth which is just 1. i do believe YOUR point invalid. my issue was it being considered a "stance" as where you wont see someone using Mantis stance IRL combined with tiger unless they switch stances. now if you comeback and "this isnt RL" then fine, why not just rename them spirits or something else and just completely ignore the other suggestions. IMO renaming them would do the least harm but make sense gamewise AND RL wise.

All professions allow for effects to stack, that's how the game was designed. And if you want to talk about changing any stacking effects, then we also need to look at stacking stealth as well... See how that works? And you see how asking for other skills on professions to not stack effects looks, while conveniently ignoring the fact that your main takes advantage of stacking effects too?

Yup, this is not real life. Stance is just a name given to a category of skills by some dev. Makes zero difference what you name a set of skills. We could call them "pizza" or "donut" and they would still function the same by design.

Ok, so you just want to rename stances now? If so, then change the title and OP to reflect that, and ask the devs to rename these sets of skills on Ranger, Warrior and Ele to something more your liking. Right?

@"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:In all games I have ever played, including guild wars 1, IF you used another stance it would automatically cancel the other active stance then place it on cooldown. how in the hell can I be bear, dolyak, moa same time?! am i MANBEARPIG!?!?!?!

Disable this from happening with ALL stances in the game or things considered stances and buff the stances so that having one up at a time would be worth it rather than having them on longer cooldowns. Don't allow them to stack

Stances were way more build defining in GW1 (like Expert's Dexterity), and when they weren't, they were still just one out of 3-4 "utility" skills, and often still the only stance you took. You had the rare occassion when a ranger in GW1 might had run both Lightning Reflexes and Whirling Defense, but more often than not you ran just one of them. Comparing it to GW2 where both Warrior and Ranger got stance traits that promote running several at once is dumb to begin with. A build defined by stances in GW2 run as many as possible, instead of just one.

If you don't understand why they are allowed to be stacked in this game, you shouldn't make comments on balancing to begin with. Unless you're simply annoyed by the fact it is named a "stance". At that point I literally don't care. Whirling Defense is an axe skill, lightning reflexes is a survival skill. There is nothing left from GW1 stances as far as ranger goes anyway. It's just another effect in this game, and the game allows effect stacking.

@Lazze.9870 said:

@"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:In all games I have ever played, including guild wars 1, IF you used another stance it would automatically cancel the other active stance then place it on cooldown. how in the hell can I be bear, dolyak, moa same time?! am i MANBEARPIG!?!?!?!

Disable this from happening with ALL stances in the game or things considered stances and buff the stances so that having one up at a time would be worth it rather than having them on longer cooldowns. Don't allow them to stack

Stances were way more build defining in GW1 (like Expert's Dexterity), and when they weren't, they were still just one out of 3-4 "utility" skills, and often still the only stance you took. You had the rare occassion when a ranger in GW1 might had run both Lightning Reflexes and Whirling Defense, but more often than not you ran just one of them. Comparing it to GW2 where both Warrior and Ranger got stance traits that promote running several at once is dumb to begin with. A build defined by stances in GW2 run as many as possible, instead of just one.

If you don't understand why they are allowed to be stacked in this game, you shouldn't make comments on balancing to begin with. Unless you're simply annoyed by the fact it is named a "stance". At that point I literally don't care. Whirling Defense is an axe skill, lightning reflexes is a survival skill. There is nothing left from GW1 stances as far as ranger goes anyway. It's just another effect in this game, and the game allows effect stacking.

just the fact they are called stances tbh :/

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:In all games I have ever played, including guild wars 1, IF you used another stance it would automatically cancel the other active stance then place it on cooldown. how in the hell can I be bear, dolyak, moa same time?! am i MANBEARPIG!?!?!?!

just the fact they are called stances tbh :/

Ok, then get rid of this thread and post in the general profession section asking the devs to rename the skill slots on 3 professions to something else.

Archived