WvW Scourge Guide, Tips, and Gameplay

RisenHowl.2419

@Kagusaki.3176 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:TBH anyone can roll their face over a keyboard and do well enough with scourge...TBH, I've been playing WvW along with my first scourge for just a week now and I'm still trying to figure out the game play for both. So I very much appreciate your video. The shade bomb rotation advice alone will help me significantly. I had just been punching F1-5 in order but your rotation sounds much better. Your build advice also sounds very useful. At the moment my scourge has a full kit of celestial gear but you make a good case for going berserker. As a WvW scourge noob, I'm glad you posted this.

Just wait till you play support scourge. Things gets more complicated when you add in Transfusion. You def can't face roll the keyboard to play support scourge unless if you want to pull your team to their death lol I think the best way to practice without getting your teammates angry at you is to do it in PvE with your WvW build and learn the rotation so you can gain muscle memory. That's how I remembered the support scourge rotation.

Support scourge is too risky to play in wvw due to poor access to stability =/

Here's what happens, you get to a safe location after the bomb has your teammates downed. You pop transfusion. You pull the downs out of the bomb and start ressing, triggering well of blood!

Then the enemy pulls you. You drag all of the downs with you into an enemy bomb. All of you die, rallying 5 enemies. They now have the numbers advantage and roll through your group. You then get yelled at in every chat mode and coms.

You think, screw these guys- support scourge is awesome. You keep playing it and are helpful in a couple fights. Then the enemy mesmers just start waiting to see all the downs get pulled so they can yank you into the bomb over and over for easy wins. Your group gets their teeth kicked in for the rest of the night.

Now everyone hates you for using such an unreliable and easily exploited build =/

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:TBH anyone can roll their face over a keyboard and do well enough with scourge...TBH, I've been playing WvW along with my first scourge for just a week now and I'm still trying to figure out the game play for both. So I very much appreciate your video. The shade bomb rotation advice alone will help me significantly. I had just been punching F1-5 in order but your rotation sounds much better. Your build advice also sounds very useful. At the moment my scourge has a full kit of celestial gear but you make a good case for going berserker. As a WvW scourge noob, I'm glad you posted this.

Just wait till you play support scourge. Things gets more complicated when you add in Transfusion. You def can't face roll the keyboard to play support scourge unless if you want to pull your team to their death lol I think the best way to practice without getting your teammates angry at you is to do it in PvE with your WvW build and learn the rotation so you can gain muscle memory. That's how I remembered the support scourge rotation.

Here's what happens, you get to a safe location after the bomb has your teammates downed. You pop transfusion. You pull the downs out of the bomb and start ressing, triggering well of blood!

Then the enemy pulls you. You drag all of the downs with you into an enemy bomb. All of you die, rallying 5 enemies. They now have the numbers advantage and roll through your group. You then get yelled at in every chat mode and coms.

You think, screw these guys- support scourge is awesome. You keep playing it and are helpful in a couple fights. Then the enemy mesmers just start waiting to see all the downs get pulled so they can yank you into the bomb over and over for easy wins. Your group gets their teeth kicked in for the rest of the night.

Now everyone hates you for using such an unreliable and easily exploited build =/

That sometimes happens but a lot of times I have been successful by tossing barrier and pulling downed teammates behind the ones that are still up to get fast rez or I pull them away from the heavy aoes. Of course I usually do around 20 v 20 type of fights and smaller. Now if it was a 40 vs 40 zerg fight, I would be mid line tossing barrier and heals. I toss in Transfusion when I see someone in my squad is down and that will pull them away from the heat of the battle for a rez. Of course, if we have a lot our guys down and only a few enemies down, then that's a loosing battle and I highly doubt any class can single handedly rez all those downs fast enough xD

@Kagusaki.3176 said:

That sometimes happens but a lot of times I have been successful by tossing barrier and pulling downed teammates behind the ones that are still up to get fast rez or I pull them away from the heavy aoes. Of course I usually do around 20 v 20 type of fights and smaller. Now if it was a 40 vs 40 zerg fight, I would be mid line tossing barrier and heals. I toss in Transfusion when I see someone in my squad is down and that will pull them away from the heat of the battle for a rez. Of course, if we have a lot our guys down and only a few enemies down, then that's a loosing battle and I highly doubt any class can single handedly rez all those downs fast enough xD

:S that's not the issue with transfusion. It pulses for 9s, as soon as the enemy group realizes your team has a support scourge all they need to do is wait, then pull you into the bomb to kill all of the downs.

There really isn't much you can do about it either with how little stability scourge has. Transfusion is too risky for wvw unless they give it stability. Also know that the enemy group will focus bombs on you even if they don't pull you. Nothing's tanky enough to eat 3 CoRS and transfusion gathers all the downs up for easy execution

Archived