Charr territory size question

Sajuuk Khar.1509

One thing that has always bothered me is that, we know the Blood and Ash Legions have their own territory on the other side of the mountains to the north and east of Ascalon, but just how large ARE those territories? Iron controls all of Ascalon, but do we know anything about how large the area they rule is? If its a similar size to that of Ascalon themselves? I couldn't imagine the other Legion not having similar territory sizes given how much they constantly try to stay on top of each other.

It has always seemed odd to me that the Charr's "empire" or w/e you want to call it could make them the worlds preeminent superpower, but its always just sort of ignored and they just sort of act as if Ascalon is all they have.

Its even odder when you think about how the Charr Homelands area we visited back in EoTN was treated like it was super backwoodsy, on the fringe of their territory.

Unfortunately we do not know the size of their territory - which gives Anet some wiggle room for determining such if/when we go there. We only know that they originated east of the Blazeridge, and under the first Khan-Ur marched north, west into the EotN Charr Homelands / GW2 "Blood Legion Homelands", and then south into now-called Ascalon. We don't know if - or when - they marched further west, or really what lies further east of the new in-game world map that was pulled from the dat file, beyond the general shape of the land from the full world map.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Unfortunately we do not know the size of their territory - which gives Anet some wiggle room for determining such if/when we go there. We only know that they originated east of the Blazeridge, and under the first Khan-Ur marched north, west into the EotN Charr Homelands / GW2 "Blood Legion Homelands", and then south into now-called Ascalon. We don't know if - or when - they marched further west, or really what lies further east of the new in-game world map that was pulled from the dat file, beyond the general shape of the land from the full world map.What I find odd about that new in-game map that was data-mined is that it is missing the giant inland sea shown on the other map.I mean, Its obviously very low detailed an artsy, so the terrain isn't very clear, but they were usually pretty good about showing us when there was a giant puddle of water somewhere.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

What I find odd about that new in-game map that was data-mined is that it is missing the giant inland sea shown on the other map.I mean, Its obviously very low detailed an artsy, so the terrain isn't very clear, but they were usually pretty good about showing us when there was a giant puddle of water somewhere.

To be fair this can be the result of change over who knows how long of a time period....the data mined map is from current times. The other map could be hundreds of years old.

Archived