[Removal of Free Tourney Format] ruined the game.

Eurantien.4632

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"Eurantien.4632" said:By removing the numbers it is no longer who is good by numbers and back to who is good by the "eye test". You keep things like monthly tournaments and what not. People would still know who is good or not. You can watch any game or any sport and tell who is good without seeing their numbers. People play this game cause this combat is good, with little incentive already.

Nah people don't play because PoF is absolute trash and the game is old. No matter what you do at this point the game is unsalvageable and dead. None of your ideas matter.

Then why do you care so much? Leave us all to rot if that's how you feel, at least we won't have to listen to that pessimistic sentiment.

It is realistic. Anet have overhauled various systems multiple times, putting resources into yet another system rework is not going to "make pvp good".

If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. If you don't play it, why waste time on its forums?

See where I'm going?

I can say the same to you. if you don't like the current system, don't play the game.

Some days I don't, but I still play and enjoy the game, which is why I still visit forums. The day I quit is the day I stop visiting the forums. See what I'm saying?

I enjoy tournaments and I enjoy casual ranked/unranked games. I can want changes in the culture and development but still not call the game trash, old and irrelevant, which is how you've described it.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@"Eurantien.4632" said:By removing the numbers it is no longer who is good by numbers and back to who is good by the "eye test". You keep things like monthly tournaments and what not. People would still know who is good or not. You can watch any game or any sport and tell who is good without seeing their numbers. People play this game cause this combat is good, with little incentive already.

Nah people don't play because PoF is absolute trash and the game is old. No matter what you do at this point the game is unsalvageable and dead. None of your ideas matter.

Then why do you care so much? Leave us all to rot if that's how you feel, at least we won't have to listen to that pessimistic sentiment.

It is realistic. Anet have overhauled various systems multiple times, putting resources into yet another system rework is not going to "make pvp good".

If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. If you don't play it, why waste time on its forums?

See where I'm going?

I can say the same to you. if you don't like the current system, don't play the game.

Some days I don't, but I still play and enjoy the game, which is why I still visit forums. The day I quit is the day I stop visiting the forums. See what I'm saying?

I enjoy tournaments and I enjoy casual ranked/unranked games. I can want changes in the culture and development but still not call the game trash, old and irrelevant, which is how you've described it.

Flandre said their/your suggestions won't change anything, and I called it realistic. Overhauling the system (again) won't make people come back, enjoy the game, create communitues, teams, and so on. It is just wishful thinking.

@Quadox.7834 said:

See where I'm going?

Flandre said their/your suggestions won't change anything, and I called it realistic. Overhauling the system (again) won't make people come back, enjoy the game, create communitues, teams, and so on. It is just wishful thinking.

K. Disagree, but K.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I think one good step to less match manipulation is to make legendary easier to get into. how has it been for the past several seasons, maybe like 3 people per season get in there? thats ludicrous. its an entire tier left empty cuz +2 -20 rating scoring.The problem with legendary tier, especially on NA, is population - plain and simple.

To understand it, first realize that rating is a bell curve. When population is small, the extremes of the bell curve can't push out as far, as the rating system will maintain the shape of the curve. Think of it as a pile of sand in an hourglass: as more sand falls, the pile spreads out more. The small rating adjustments on a win - and big on a loss - will always happen at the positive extreme of any bell curve rating system. Again due to low population, this is happening earlier than one would expect (around 1700-1800 rather than 2000+).

The most sensible way to address the lack of legendary players is to assign tiers (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, legendary) based on percentile of the population, rather than fixed cut-offs. For example, the top 1% would be legendary, top 5% platinum, etc.

Archived