The collection item drops are soulbound, can't equip to my other characters

Evil Octopi.8253

So I have been running around on different characters, getting these exotic drops that are part of specialization collections and what not. I have been tossing in them in my bank for now. Last night I went to gear up one of my new characters with these accessories and I find that all but one are soulbound to my various other characters who go them as drops. This seems really not well thought out and pretty useless. Hopefully this is just an oversight. Soulbound on equip would seem to be the right choice. Right now I am running around the new maps with 1 exotic ring "Lost ring of the Order" and a random ascended amulet. I feel naked.

On one hand, I think that whoever designed this probably assumed (poorly mind you) that players would already be fully geared and wouldn't really be using these drops as gear. However I do agree that these items should not be soulbound until equipped at least, but ideally not soulbound at all.

We should make a list of all the "soundbound" collection items that ought to be account bound on acquire and, at worst, soulbound only on equip/stat change.

• All the "Riddle of" rings: Riddle of the Deadeye, Firebrand, Holosmith, Mirage, Renegade, Scourge, Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Weaver
  • Revenant drops: Cipher Ring (karma purchase), Infernal Device,

Archived