How do you set up your armor/weapons/trinkets with your build?

I’ve been a solo ‘button-pusher’ for too long and tried to optimize my characters for group play but to no avail. My DPS is low, spiking damage is 50-75% of what I believe it should be and forget about my condi-ability altogether.

I know how to play and want to break into Raids, but I don’t want to be that player that is a hinderance to the party. I’ve built all ascended gear for my characters and have legendary weapons (Incinerator, Predator, Nevermore, and Twilight). My favorite elites are (in no particular order) Reaper, Dragonhunter, Renegade, Mirage, and Daredevil/Deadeye.

I see that Season 5 is finally introducing Build Templates (YAY!!!) How do you set up characters for optimal play? Let me know what you do and why. Telling me what is good, but why is better, that way I can learn and apply it elsewhere.

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:My DPS is low. . . don’t want to be that player that is a hinderance to the party. . . How do you set up characters for optimal play?

Going to assume you're asking this question because you want to improve your DPS. In which case, knowing your build's rotations and skill priorities, followed by knowing the mechanics of fights, contribute far more to your DPS than simple numbers on your Hero Panel. When reading guides on Snowcrows or Discretize, pay more attention to their rotations and actual build guides.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:My DPS is low. . . don’t want to be that player that is a hinderance to the party. . . How do you set up characters for optimal play?

Going to assume you're asking this question because you want to improve your DPS. In which case, knowing your build's rotations and skill priorities, followed by knowing the mechanics of fights, contribute far more to your DPS than simple numbers on your Hero Panel. When reading guides on
or
, pay more attention to their rotations and actual build guides.

This is the amazing difference between GW2 and sooooo many other MMOs.In may of those others, it's all about gear, gear, gear. gear.Get the bestest of the bestest and you will always be alright in ANY situation.

Well, not here. Thank god.

Takes a long long time to learn how to play your character well.

Take the time.

Archived