"Just Adapt"?... How about "Just Have Consideration"

Whiteout.1975

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:OP, your post is not vague! I understood it immediately when I read it. Both before and after your clarifications! I assume you're talking about the "git gud" crowd when they try to weasel their way out of criticism, which I agree.

It's also amazing to see people in this thread make it more complex than it actually is. It's basically, don't blindly adapt just for the sake of adapting, LOOK AND CONSIDER what you're adapting into! Be more critical of what you're adapting into. Simple!

Haha thanks for some extra conformation. Though, yea... basically.

So far, I've so been through some people Not acknowledging my criticism, but rather reducing it to simple "complaining". I'm assuming in order to bring what I say to of lower value. In order to make arguing against it easier. Would be my guess anyways.... Because if they're simply telling someone (anywhere) to "Just Adapt" when a person is actually offering criticism instead of an "complaint". That doesn't really put those "Just Adapt" people in a good place to appear as the good guy here. Though of course they'll appear as the "good guy" to others also reducing criticism's to simple "complaint's".Or... They honestly can't tell the difference and give the same "Just Adapt" reply. Which still create's problem.
  • Though, this actually makes me wonder how often criticism get's reduced to a simple complaint?... Interesting. I mean it wouldn't surprise me if it happened often. In fact I bet it does. Maybe I/We should just start typing "
    The Following Is Criticism
    " or something like that since I can't completely rely on people to make the distinction. Or as some sort of preventative tool for people whom are intentionally trying to reduce it to a "complaint".

I've also dealt with people (talking in general) putting thoughts, ideas and words in my mouth as opposed it coming strictly from them. Not sure what to do about this one yet... Though, I tried to have some conversation out of respect even though they did that show that same "respect" to me by doing such things...

Other than that I've been enjoying being apart of/reading from the people whom agree/disagree on my/our stance :+1:

Yea... You're right. It should be "simple". Though, some the people whom have said or support "Just Adapt" in the past/now want to feel
completely
right in that mentality. So I somewhat have to deal with all these different angles being thrown at me. Even if that involves attempting to reduce and/or contort what I've actually said :/

Anyways, thanks for the comment and thanks for being considerate :) :+1:

A Synonym of the word Complaint is Criticism. They both basically mean the same thing - to express disapproval of something that is unacceptable or unsatisfactory. So the two kind of go hand-in-hand.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sykper.6583 said:

@"NuhDah.9812" said:So your proposal is to give them a no answer when they ask for advice... well, that seems very well thought. But intead of this fake interaction with someone I'd rather give them some real options if they come to me or to anyone in the comunity for them. What they do with it is their choice, but if they don't care as you say most players don't (even though I don't think that really is true), they will play whatever they want anyways without anyone informing them that is an option.

I mean personally, it's a mixed bag when it comes to these interactions. On a consistent basis map chat might get someone clearly new asking 'What do we do?' or 'How do I win, I need help!'

I think asking them to 'adapt' is probably the most proposing answer, but depending on how they have asked for help, pending mood, pending whatever attitude they bring into chat my default answer since saying 'Adapt' isn't telling them much is to 'play how you want'. They will eventually figure out if playing how they are is or isn't giving them the satisfaction they need, and they will either give up or figure out something.

I might even tell them to go look up something on Metabattle or something, but then you might get something snarky back like 'kitten I had to build a certain way to play, that's stupid'.

It's way too much effort, I'm not going to helicopter parent everyone.

And if someone only wants this sort of shallow kind of answer without considering other given options, advices, improving or adapting, than it means they are just a sort of attention seekers, not interested in real answers anyways, only in venting some frustrations, victimising themselves or they have other unrelated agenda, a behivior I don't think it's healthy and wouldn't encourage nurturing.

Ding Ding. I'm a leaning on 'no answer' if I can clearly tell someone is baiting or not really interested, you can see that from chat interactions.

But I'm pretty sure if someone is answering "Adapt" to someone asking stuff in chat, they are either trolls, meaning they won't stop doing that even if there is a thread on the forum about it and social reasoning behibd that kind of answer, or the person who asked was talking about a specific scenario they encountered and it's somehow changed from before (like profession update), meaning they werent the kind of new player who just don't know what's happening around. And I was not referung to trolls, but to those that answer to people asking specific stuff.

@NuhDah.9812 said:

@NuhDah.9812 said:So your proposal is to give them a no answer when they ask for advice... well, that seems very well thought. But intead of this fake interaction with someone I'd rather give them some real options if they come to me or to anyone in the comunity for them. What they do with it is their choice, but if they don't care as you say most players don't (even though I don't think that really is true), they will play whatever they want anyways without anyone informing them that is an option.

I mean personally, it's a mixed bag when it comes to these interactions. On a consistent basis map chat might get someone clearly new asking 'What do we do?' or 'How do I win, I need help!'

I think asking them to 'adapt' is probably the most proposing answer, but depending on how they have asked for help, pending mood, pending whatever attitude they bring into chat my default answer since saying 'Adapt' isn't telling them much is to 'play how you want'. They will eventually figure out if playing how they are is or isn't giving them the satisfaction they need, and they will either give up or figure out something.

I might even tell them to go look up something on Metabattle or something, but then you might get something snarky back like 'kitten I had to build a certain way to play, that's stupid'.

It's way too much effort, I'm not going to helicopter parent everyone.

And if someone only wants this sort of shallow kind of answer without considering other given options, advices, improving or adapting, than it means they are just a sort of attention seekers, not interested in real answers anyways, only in venting some frustrations, victimising themselves or they have other unrelated agenda, a behivior I don't think it's healthy and wouldn't encourage nurturing.

Ding Ding. I'm a leaning on 'no answer' if I can clearly tell someone is baiting or not really interested, you can see that from chat interactions.

But I'm pretty sure if someone is answering "Adapt" to someone asking stuff in chat, they are either trolls, meaning they won't stop doing that even if there is a thread on the forum about it and social reasoning behibd that kind of answer, or the person who asked was talking about a specific scenario they encountered and it's somehow changed from before (like profession update), meaning they werent the kind of new player who just don't know what's happening around. And I was not referung to trolls, but to those that answer to people asking specific stuff.

Lol I'm just gonna start saying "Just Have Consideration" when I see it from now on... If I feel like it lol.