Condi rev wvw build?

Anput.4620

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@aspirine.6852 said:Is it me or is condi rev the worst char for condi in the game? where the f do you get your sustain from, everything just annihilates you.

Torment runes are super helpful. I’ve been playing Condi Herald roaming in wvw a fair amount recently when I’m bored with power and I wouldn’t say things just annihilate you; You just have to handle them differently and should run some tankier gear like trailblazers if you’re instant dying. I also run Glint and sword/shield offhand for the defense/utility. I find condi rev has fantastic matchups against mirage and any other condi spec, but much weaker matchups against warrior and Ranger than the power counterpart. Otherwise feels about the same with the exception of not being able to kill bunkers as well and the fact it takes longer to kill enemies, but I feel my build takes hits better and sustains better than power Herald whereas my power Herald feels much more focused on negating damage trough evasion and good positioning

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Is it me or is condi rev the worst char for condi in the game? where the f do you get your sustain from, everything just annihilates you.

Torment runes are super helpful. I’ve been playing Condi Herald roaming in wvw a fair amount recently when I’m bored with power and I wouldn’t say things just annihilate you; You just have to handle them differently and should run some tankier gear like trailblazers if you’re instant dying. I also run Glint and sword/shield offhand for the defense/utility. I find condi rev has fantastic matchups against mirage and any other condi spec, but much weaker matchups against warrior and Ranger than the power counterpart. Otherwise feels about the same with the exception of not being able to kill bunkers as well and the fact it takes longer to kill enemies, but I feel my build takes hits better and sustains better than power Herald whereas my power Herald feels much more focused on negating damage trough evasion and good positioning

Thanks, I see I made 2 mistakes last night. First I posted in a WvW focussed topic :) And next is running renegade and not herald. I like my power herald build much more, faster, gap closers and evasion, something my renegade misses. I will go get the points to switch my char to herald and see if that helps.

@"aspirine.6852" said:

Thanks, I see I made 2 mistakes last night. First I posted in a WvW focussed topic :) And next is running renegade and not herald. I like my power herald build much more, faster, gap closers and evasion, something my renegade misses. I will go get the points to switch my char to herald and see if that helps.

If you are wanting to play condi but really like the Shiro playstyle, a hybrid choice can still work well. I have been running this build for the past few weeks and have found a huge amount of success with it. I find it to be a very good duelist and quite good at 1vX. It doesn't have near the amount of burst potential that the standard power Herald roaming build does, and it doesn't have as much condi pressure as as Corruption-Mallyx Herald, but it has a nice balance between power damage, condition damage, and sustain. In my experience I have better luck in almost every 1v1 power matchup than I do on a standard condi build. It doesn't do as well vs some condi matchups (particularly condi mirage) due to the lack of resistance and condition transfer, but luckily I don't see those too often anymore, and the other condi matchups are still very much winnable. Salvation is honestly pretty nuts with the new traits it got, making the build pretty forgiving to play. It's moved up to my #1 favorite build to roam on and doesn't have a very steep learning curve (although I have a ton of hours put into Rev, so that could be biased).

@aspirine.6852 said:

Were you asking for pvp or pve? If for pve renegade works great and most of the sustain comes from good kiting with shortbow and Soulcleave (even in full damage armor). Pvp renegade is...lackluster

Archived