Condi rev wvw build?

Anput.4620

@narcx.3570 said:

@"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

Thats what i use. Note that i am basically locked in wep 1 set cuz theres literally no damage in staff and shortbow is a joke. Pretty much unkillable by anything apart from decent thief in 1v1 that i can ignore anyway (3,8k armor in EtD+10% reduction from food and insane regen lmao). Even scourge is a easy to deal with

Is Sigil of Cleansing bugged or something atm?

Because using the same sigil on both of your weapons doesn't provide double their effect--they share internal cd's. You should achieve the same in your build by having just a single Superior Sigil of Cleansing on your Axe; letting you run something like Torment, Hydromancy, or Bursting (or if you want the extra condi management, Purity or Generosity) on your other mace.

Not bugged. Im too lazy to bother with weapon swap lmao. Waste of gold as well tbh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Thats what i use. Note that i am basically locked in wep 1 set cuz theres literally no damage in staff and shortbow is a joke. Pretty much unkillable by anything apart from decent thief in 1v1 that i can ignore anyway (3,8k armor in EtD+10% reduction from food and insane regen lmao). Even scourge is a easy to deal with

Why not sword on second set? Might aswell use the same set again too to proc sigils. Also, no elite spec? Why full trailblazer when just the armor is enough to reach torment duration cap where you can use the rest dire?

Cause my build has literally 0 power dmg. Once you drop mace you also lose sustain on top of damage. I basically just use second mace to stack corruption sigil but if someone preffered to swap sigils i could see it working np. Armor alone is not enough to reach 100% condi cap and trailblazer gear has more stats in general.No elite cuz i dont like either option we have now. Both are support oritented. Core rev for condi is superior from my experience. But also harder to play

Wait what. sword has mobility and shield would have cleanse, few pieces totally IS enough to reach torment cap as corruption and runes gives like 60 or 80% already or something.

Why wouldn't you use weapon swap when it is literally free cleanses and energy? Like also why 2 of the same sigil? Your build doesn't make a lot of sense at all.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDewO94rn9oomC-jVSHQBA4BAor9HCwJAIhK/Y2RAYc6HEwBBIjKBnn6PkCoKdaA-w

Why wouldn't you run something like this which has actual sigils, doesn't overcap torment duration and has another weapon set for mobility and defensive utility?

Like jeez how do you beat poeple when you won't even bother calculating stats properly or bother with a second weapon set. Even on my chokebow thief i use 2 shortbows to proc energy sigil.

@"Dano.2408" said:Hi, I'm not someone who "test numbers", so this are two real serious questions, so I can learn, in NO way my intention is to criticize.

1) Rising Momentum trait: increases movement speed. Is this just how fast I walk/run? or does it affect how fast I swing my weapon generating in extra attacks?

2) Why Demonic Defiance and not Venom Enhancement? Is it better 2 secs of resistance every 5 secs while in Mallyx than a stack of poison (constant reduced healing for your opponent) every 10 secs?

Thank you. :)

I can help with this.

1) yes this only affects how fast you walk/run. If u want to swing ur weapon faster, you need the boon "Quickness".

2) Demonic defiance is used as a way of countering condition pressure. it also lets you hold onto conditions so that you can either transfer them to enemies when u legend swap, or transfer them with Herald-mallyx F2. Ultimately, this will help you spike conditions onto your opponent, giving you a better chance at killing them, than the healing debuff that poison applies which will likely just get cleansed anyways.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@"Dano.2408" said:Hi, I'm not someone who "test numbers", so this are two real serious questions, so I can learn, in NO way my intention is to criticize.

1) Rising Momentum trait: increases movement speed. Is this just how fast I walk/run? or does it affect how fast I swing my weapon generating in extra attacks?

2) Why Demonic Defiance and not Venom Enhancement? Is it better 2 secs of resistance every 5 secs while in Mallyx than a stack of poison (constant reduced healing for your opponent) every 10 secs?

I can help with this.

1) yes this only affects how fast you walk/run. If u want to swing ur weapon faster, you need the boon "Quickness".

2) Demonic defiance is used as a way of countering condition pressure. it also lets you hold onto conditions so that you can either transfer them to enemies when u legend swap, or transfer them with Herald-mallyx F2. Ultimately, this will help you spike conditions onto your opponent, giving you a better chance at killing them, than the healing debuff that poison applies which will likely just get cleansed anyways.

Do you know more about the build?

@Anput.4620 said:

I can help with this.

Do you know more about the build?

Not really unfortunately. Im still playing around with it but i dont roam much at all and I know im not that good of a player when it comes to pvp. I personally use staff to help me escape when i know im about to lose a fight. I also use run something a little different too. Typically I run mace/sword with agility/geo sigils so i can shadowstep with sw5, proc agility, cast w4 to immob and land mace 2/3. Then, if it doesn't land i'll just try and punish with mallyx boonrip/confusion and distance myself.

its kinda gimmicky but it works.

@Anput.4620 said:

Why not sword on second set? Might aswell use the same set again too to proc sigils. Also, no elite spec? Why full trailblazer when just the armor is enough to reach torment duration cap where you can use the rest dire?

Cause my build has literally 0 power dmg. Once you drop mace you also lose sustain on top of damage. I basically just use second mace to stack corruption sigil but if someone preffered to swap sigils i could see it working np. Armor alone is not enough to reach 100% condi cap and trailblazer gear has more stats in general.No elite cuz i dont like either option we have now. Both are support oritented. Core rev for condi is superior from my experience. But also harder to play

Wait what. sword has mobility and shield would have cleanse, few pieces totally IS enough to reach torment cap as corruption and runes gives like 60 or 80% already or something.

Why wouldn't you use weapon swap when it is literally free cleanses and energy? Like also why 2 of the same sigil? Your build doesn't make a lot of sense at all.

Why wouldn't you run something like this which has actual sigils, doesn't overcap torment duration and has another weapon set for mobility and defensive utility?

Like jeez how do you beat poeple when you won't even bother calculating stats properly or bother with
a second weapon set
. Even on my chokebow thief i use 2 shortbows to proc energy sigil.

Uhm... Same set with different sigils could work np if anyone wanted to. I prefer to get a stacking one and forget. But sword, what kind of mobility it offers if you aint in melee range in the first place? The moment you swap to sword/shield you also lose whole pressure+sustaining for what exactly? Not to mention shield in 2019 is a meme weapon (well it always was for me the moment they nerfed the heal tbh)

Why elite spec? On top of that Glint as second legend in wvw so you have no mobility, you cant chase nor escape anyone while i chase, demount and kill people daily. I ran away from roaming groups/zergs a lot as well (crazy potential with superspeed, f2 and charged mists on Mallyx to hop like bunny - about 2400-3000meters) . Also why not cap torment? I specifically aimed to cap out torment cause even 2 ticks cant be ignored and its rather easy to bait out any cleanses this way that i will reapply moment later. That extra 5% duration is aimed towards longer burn.

Overall your build has less utility, much lower damage output and pretty poor sustain compared to mine. Soo jeez in what category it is better than mine? Mobility? No. Tankiness? No. Damage? No. Sustain? No. While everyone cried about arc diviner i was facetanking cuz i was too lazy to dodge and 5sec later i as back at full hp anyway. I facetank holos as well, thats how insane my sustain is.Like Idk :p im just gonna say core>herald in wvw

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Like jeez how do you beat poeple when you won't even bother calculating stats properly or bother with
a second weapon set

Uhm... Same set with different sigils could work np if anyone wanted to. I prefer to get a stacking one and forget. But sword, what kind of mobility it offers if you aint in melee range in the first place? The moment you swap to sword/shield you also lose whole pressure+sustaining for what exactly? Not to mention shield in 2019 is a meme weapon (well it always was for me the moment they nerfed the heal tbh)

Why elite spec? On top of that Glint as second legend in wvw so you have no mobility, you cant chase nor escape anyone while i chase, demount and kill people daily. I ran away from roaming groups/zergs a lot as well (crazy potential with superspeed, f2 and charged mists on Mallyx to hop like bunny - about 2400-3000meters) . Also why not cap torment? I specifically aimed to cap out torment cause even 2 ticks cant be ignored and its rather easy to bait out any cleanses this way that i will reapply moment later. That extra 5% duration is aimed towards longer burn.

Overall your build has less utility, much lower damage output and pretty poor sustain compared to mine. Soo jeez in what category it is better than mine? Mobility? No. Tankiness? No. Damage? No. Sustain? No. While everyone cried about arc diviner i was facetanking cuz i was too lazy to dodge and 5sec later i as back at full hp anyway. I facetank holos as well, thats how insane my sustain is.Like Idk :p im just gonna say core>herald in wvw

There is no reason to not run a second weapon set and you overcap on torment duration by 15%. Sword literally has a smoke assault attached to it and has another torment inflicting attack.

@Anput.4620 said:

a second weapon set

There is no reason to not run a second weapon set and you overcap on torment duration by 15%. Sword literally has a smoke assault attached to it and has another torment inflicting attack.

Huh..? I overcap torment by 5%. 35% from condi dura and 70% from runes/traits. There is a reason when we dont have a second condi wep set btw. Sword has PS on 6cd then what? And like i mentioned i dont need an evade. I already have everything, all the needed tools to avoid/soak damage like no tomorrow

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

a second weapon set

Huh..? I overcap torment by 5%. 35% from condi dura and 70% from runes/traits. There is a reason when we dont have a second condi wep set btw. Sword has PS on 6cd then what? And like i mentioned i dont need an evade. I already have everything, all the needed tools to avoid/soak damage like no tomorrow

You can use sword shield to cleanse and stick to them, then swap, precision strike is also a good damaging skill. Why wouldn't you want additional things without any real downside? There is no reason to not slot sword/shield or staff.

@Anput.4620 said:

a second weapon set

You can use sword shield to cleanse and stick to them, then swap, precision strike is also a good damaging skill. Why wouldn't you want additional things without any real downside? There is no reason to not slot sword/shield or staff.

Uhm.. but i have no issue sticking to ppl? "additional things" at the cost of doing no damage for next 10 seconds. If thats not a downsid then idk what is. Whats the deal? Extra evade/block? Not needed as ive mentioned. I would have gone renegade if shortbow was a completele worst potato wep in the game. Until then im stuck with one set

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

a second weapon set

Uhm.. but i have no issue sticking to ppl? "additional things" at the cost of doing no damage for next 10 seconds. If thats not a downsid then idk what is. Whats the deal? Extra evade/block? Not needed as ive mentioned. I would have gone renegade if shortbow was a completele worst potato wep in the game. Until then im stuck with one set

Extra evade, teleport, block, cleanse and a dps skill while proccing sigils, why not?

@Anput.4620 said:

a second weapon set

Extra evade, teleport, block, cleanse and a dps skill while proccing sigils, why not?

Evade not needed. Short melee range teleport not needed. Cleanse not needed (7 on legend swap with resistance), "dps" skill that does no damage cause you have no power, proccing sigils that are equal to 1 auto of mace. ?

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

a second weapon set

Evade not needed. Short melee range teleport not needed. Cleanse not needed (7 on legend swap with resistance), "dps" skill that does no damage cause you have no power, proccing sigils that are equal to 1 auto of mace. ?

Abyssal Chill procs 3 times off of Precision Strike (not to mention Rampant Vex). Also procs off of Deathstrike if offhand sword is taken.

Also why are you using two sigils of cleansing? Double of the same sigil doesn't stack their effects (unless Cleansing somehow bypasses this rule, but I highly doubt that considering it would work differently than just about every other sigil in the game). You'd be better off dropping the one on your mace for a utility/damage sigil instead of what you're currently doing, which is essentially only having one active sigil when you're not using Mace + Corruption Sigil.

Edit: And why Eye for an Eye and not Dwarven Battle Training? I feel like you'd be better served with another cover condi application and the reduced power damage from the opponent when they have (consistent) weakness. 5s Protection every 35 seconds is meh and the 5 stacks of might isn't even on demand; you have to break a stun to get it which limits how effective the might gain is from the trait (i'm assuming that's the reason you're using it). More weakness application seems like it would be the better choice here in case they cleanse the applications from Echoing Eruption.

@"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:Also why are you using two sigils of cleansing? Double of the same sigil doesn't stack their effects (unless Cleansing somehow bypasses this rule, but I highly doubt that considering it would work differently than just about every other sigil in the game). You'd be better off dropping the one on your mace for a utility/damage sigil instead of what you're currently doing, which is essentially only having one active sigil when you're not using Mace + Corruption Sigil.

Yeeeaahhhhh, I tried explaining this too, but he said he's "too lazy to be bothered to weapon swap and it's a waste of gold anyways..." Neither of which even makes sense, so I just gave up. Some people are determined to be walking memes around here--better to just move on and save yourself a few sanity points.

@"Ertrak.9506" said:

I can help with this.

Thank you very much for the explanation

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

a second weapon set

Abyssal Chill procs 3 times off of Precision Strike (not to mention Rampant Vex). Also procs off of Deathstrike if offhand sword is taken.

Also why are you using two sigils of cleansing? Double of the same sigil doesn't stack their effects (unless Cleansing somehow bypasses this rule, but I highly doubt that considering it would work differently than just about every other sigil in the game). You'd be better off dropping the one on your mace for a utility/damage sigil instead of what you're currently doing, which is essentially only having one active sigil when you're not using Mace + Corruption Sigil.

Edit: And why Eye for an Eye and not Dwarven Battle Training? I feel like you'd be better served with another cover condi application and the reduced power damage from the opponent when they have (consistent) weakness. 5s Protection every 35 seconds is meh and the 5 stacks of might isn't even on demand; you have to break a stun to get it which limits how effective the might gain is from the trait (i'm assuming that's the reason you're using it). More weakness application seems like it would be the better choice here in case they cleanse the applications from Echoing Eruption.

I was curious about the two sigils of cleansing so i checked the link rn and lmao. One was supposed to be energy. Mistake on my part

Idk honestly about dwarven training. I used to like how it functioned and was my must have trait before but now it seems pretty meh for me. Only axe 5 can proc it for me so realistically speaking i think im better off with some protection in 1vX

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

a second weapon set

Not needed doesn't exist when it is literally free. You apply a shit ton of torment with the DPS skill from sword too. Also a 3 second block that heals and cleanses what?

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

a second weapon set

Wouldn't renegade be a better choice than herald as it is condi focused or are the facets just too good or something? Never played rev. What do you think about the build i listed?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDewO94rn9oouC-jVSHQBzT9nEq8TX7PMO9DZUJoAOIAA4BAwsjAQAOBAkCoKdaA-w

@Anput.4620 said:

a second weapon set

Not needed doesn't exist when it is
literally free
. You apply a kitten ton of torment with the DPS skill from sword too. Also a 3 second block that heals and cleanses what?

Where you apply said "kitten ton of torment"? PS can apply 3 stacks on 6cd and thats it literally. And a 3sec block that roots you in place making you an easy target to anyone with unblockable (basically everyone nowdays), healing for a 2,5k total (lol) and clease that are pointless cause you should have more than enough.

I mean at the end of the day run whatever you wish, even hammer if you desire so. But please dont come back to say that condi rev sux like many do cuz in current state its much stronger than power rev in wvw roaming.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

a second weapon set

literally free
. You apply a kitten ton of torment with the DPS skill from sword too. Also a 3 second block that heals and cleanses what?

Where you apply said "kitten ton of torment"? PS can apply 3 stacks on 6cd and thats it literally. And a 3sec block that roots you in place making you an easy target to anyone with unblockable (basically everyone nowdays), healing for a 2,5k total (lol) and clease that are pointless cause you should have more than enough.

I mean at the end of the day run whatever you wish, even hammer if you desire so. But please dont come back to say that condi rev sux like many do cuz in current state its much stronger than power rev in wvw roaming.

Condi rev stronger than power rev? Have you never fought a Scrapper before?

@Clownmug.8357 said:

a second weapon set

literally free

I did few times. Killed all of em. I guess they do not like confusion.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

a second weapon set

literally free

Were they just auto-attacking the whole fight or something?

@Clownmug.8357 said:

a second weapon set

literally free

Were they just auto-attacking the whole fight or something?

I just apply it as they are trying to go offensive on me. I dont spam banish till i ruin out of energy, i just do it once and wait for their action. Whenever i reapply ir or wait a bit more depends on the fight

@Clownmug.8357 said:

a second weapon set

literally free

I mean 90% of roaming engineers are holo tbh.