[Question] Is it that hard to implement a bigger UI option for 4k users?

uzishan.7410

Hi,So I've been periodically playing GW2 since launch but significantly reduced play time once I switched to a 4k display. Even with the larger option the UI is very very small and tiring on the eyes. I know I know people have complained before but maybe just maybe enough of these posts will get the attention to finally implement such a trivial thing. I don't care if the UI will look a bit blurry but it totally beats playing the game with a small UI or a blurry screen(2k looks way worse on a 4k display than on a native 2k display).

https://imgur.com/a/Q72Zg <- my screenshot

@NapalmDest.1786 said:I play at 1440p. It looks alright, but my friend plays at 4k, and the interface is so small, the mouse is so small. It is crazy. Other MMOs don't have this issue (they did, but they were addressed).

I will be upgrading to 4K soon, Id love for GW2 to better support it.

my main problem is the mouse. with the ui I can deal so and so as I kinda know it by heart but sometimes i just lose the mouse on the screen

It's not a question of whether it's "hard", it's a question of whether the benefits outweigh the costs and what other things can be addressed using the same resources. If 100% of the community were using 4k resolution, then sure, ANet should tackle this sooner rather than later. But my guess is that it's less than 10% of players. So working on any other graphics improvement is going to be useful to a much larger group of people.

Just because an idea is good doesn't mean it's good for ANet to prioritize it; there are lots of good ideas.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:It's not a question of whether it's "hard", it's a question of whether the benefits outweigh the costs and what other things can be addressed using the same resources. If 100% of the community were using 4k resolution, then sure, ANet should tackle this sooner rather than later. But my guess is that it's less than 10% of players. So working on any other graphics improvement is going to be useful to a much larger group of people.

Just because an idea is good doesn't mean it's good for ANet to prioritize it; there are lots of good ideas.

it's just a question of adding an extra option, something that could easily be done in 2 hours at most , or at least the option of a bigger mouse. It's not a big mumbojumbo thing and even wow has better scaling and it's a bloody 2004 game

Anet isn't good in implementing new stuff for new tech. The game still runs on an ancient over 10 year old DirectX 9.0c. I remember when WoW did update to version 10 back in 2010...

I think it's is absolutely unacceptable to just ignore the fact that more and more people use a 4K screen. Such things must be addressed immediately. And this particular issue has been a topic in the (old) forums since several years now.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:It's not a question of whether it's "hard", it's a question of whether the benefits outweigh the costs and what other things can be addressed using the same resources. If 100% of the community were using 4k resolution, then sure, ANet should tackle this sooner rather than later. But my guess is that it's less than 10% of players. So working on any other graphics improvement is going to be useful to a much larger group of people.

While this is true, there is another factor inside the first of those two.How disrupting is this issue for those affected.

While in general, an issue affecting 80% of players will be more important than one affecting 10%, if most players face a minor inconvenience while the small group is severely hindered, the smaller group can be more important to deal with.

In this case, I'm leaning toward this being something that needs a fix pretty soon. It's really only going to get bigger and bigger as 4k monitors will drop in price, and given how fuzzy most screens are with non-native resolutions running at lower resolutions is really nothing more than a very short term bandaid.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:It's not a question of whether it's "hard", it's a question of whether the benefits outweigh the costs
and
what other things can be addressed using the same resources. If 100% of the community were using 4k resolution, then sure, ANet should tackle this sooner rather than later. But my guess is that it's less than 10% of players. So working on
any
other graphics improvement is going to be useful to a much larger group of people.

While this is true, there is another factor inside the first of those two.
How disrupting is this issue for those affected.

While in general, an issue affecting 80% of players will be more important than one affecting 10%, if most players face a minor inconvenience while the small group is severely hindered, the smaller group can be more important to deal with.

In this case, I'm leaning toward this being something that needs a fix pretty soon. It's really only going to get bigger and bigger as 4k monitors will drop in price, and given how fuzzy most screens are with non-native resolutions running at lower resolutions is really nothing more than a
very
short term bandaid.

4k displays already dropped in price. you can easily get a 28inch 4k TN samsung display for 300euros. Also the fix would really help. I would play gw2 more but it honestly is tiring for my eyes and the discomfort of losing the cursor...welp :(

Archived