The way forward, glint's legacy (spoilers)

Daniel Handler.4816

@Oglaf.1074 said:Clearly you don't hang around drunken Norns a lot.

Besides, I was exaggerating for comedy/effect obviously. My point is that while that dialogue might be fine for non-Norn races, there definitely should at the very least be the option to boast about it as a Norn. I mean, the foundation of every Norn doing literally anything is to forge a legend around themselves.

And I couldn't have been exaggerating??

Norn don't go for lies, they boast about their accomplishments but they don't aggrandize beyond the facts. Besides, that heart you're there to teach students facts against the propaganda spread by palawa joko who reigns over the whole area and controls vast sections of the desert, aggrandizing or even boasting at a time when you're simply trying to relay facts, even for a norn, is a bad idea.

Except it would not have been a lie, just colourful retelling of a true story. Besides, counting the Dragon's Stand death as the canonical one is wonky in of itself since that is not how Modremoth bites the dust in the personal story. Technically you do all that crazy mind-meld stuff with Trahearne's help and kill Modremoth in his own mind or whatever.

Odd decision there, Anet.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Except it would not have been a lie, just colourful retelling of a true story. Besides, counting the Dragon's Stand death as the canonical one is wonky in of itself since that is not how Modremoth bites the dust in the personal story. Technically you do all that crazy mind-meld stuff with Trahearne's help and kill Modremoth in his own mind or whatever.

Odd decision there, Anet.

A colourful retelling of a true story is a half truth. Being based on a real story doesn't make everything spouted from it acceptable.

As a whole, it's odd that the story of mordremoth spread so quickly into Elona, which was a huge issue i had with the dialogue as a whole. However I do understand missing the detail of diving into a portal into the dream created by trahearne, who had to then be killed by his own broken blade because mordremoth transfered it's mind into trahearnes broken body. That's a mouthful as a short description, and even then, like seven living people know the exact nature of that happening, as opposed to what's canonically an army tackling the mouth of mordremoth, which would have that news spread much more widely simply because that many more people were involved with it's death. Still an odd detail why the commander didn't bother to mention it, I agree, but the whole situation is pretty weird to dive into as a whole.

Well it's not that quick when you realise that they tend to match GW2's time progression to the real world's.

I can't remember if any 'current dates' are in the story journal or in the Crystal Desert anywhere (and I can't currently check) but it's been almost 2 years since we killed Mordremoth, which is plenty of time for it to travel to Vabbi.

As for the commander explaining the head impale rather than the dream - I'm going for a simple explanation for simple minds, I.e. Kids - some of which have probably never seen or heard of a Sylvari until recently.

Archived