current state says everything about Mesmer (and gw2)

holly lyn.2173

just wondering if the current state of crono and Mesmer in general says everything about the class and WvW, PvP in this game. the fact that jaunt tool tip has not been fixed for 6 months and CI is non-functional for just as long basically says the devs REALLY don't care about this class anymore. now that necros and thieves can port too now,what reason is there to play a Mesmer?!?

@holly lyn.2173 said:oh, btw, and the silence on crono-nerf has been Deafening!!!

chrono has been delegated to raids, and people dont like mesmers so they get constantly nerfed due to whiners.nothing is going to change, if you want a have safe main play guardian, developers show clear bias towards them and even recently buffed guard in a patch they wouldn't normally make any balancing.no class got buffs/nerfs, only buff for guard. huzzah!guard S tier in every aspect of the game, Huzzah!guard buffed, Huzzah!

@holly lyn.2173 said:oh, btw, and the silence on crono-nerf has been Deafening!!!

This is the thing I take most issue with.

How long has it been now since the bombshell to Chrono?

Fine, by all means make the big bold changes, good to finally give thought to F skill differentiation and attempt something new. But to do that once without further iteration/refinement (which is desperately needed) and let it sit for - well I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was done for a year or more... That is a joke.

On a separate but related note - how long has it been since Elusive Mind got kittened? Must be something like 18 months. No attempt or effort to even try to change it when it's obvious how stupid a trait it is. Same thing going to happen with Chrono IP and shatters, probably the same when mirage gets it's turn for F skill overhaul.

Since firebrand and renegade came into the game, people were crying about chrono being too OP in PvE as a support. ANet took this into their hand and completly destroyed chrono in PvE, i mean, yes, there were patches on chrono what "in theory" was a nerf to it but instead it made chrono toss out all the boons in the game almost permanently. Yeah, those times ended, chrono got quote on quote balanced, now we have a support named firebrand what does insane amout of DPS while providing permanent 5 man quickness and other boons like fury and aegis, also has a top tier healing build with almost broken chrono like boons broken healing also premanent quickness, also this same class is close to god tier in pug raids for its DPS capability and the disgusting amout of burning it can apply, ALSO this same class is top tier in PvP, and I didnt even talked about DH. Same thing with rev...10 man alac perma from one button + even without any healing gear it has the Kalla elite.

Now, if I look at chrono, and especially that what it has to offer, there is nothing that other classes can not do better in any of the game modes.The only, but really the only reason to make a mesmer is because of mirage elite spec thats used on 3 bosses in raids and people who are good in PvP can make it work there too.

Mesmer has a lot of broken/unfinished traits like as people said the glamour trait, poor and lazy design in other traits, like, actually the whole domination trait is just a poorly designed trash, the developers wanted to do it in a hour so they dont even need to look at chrono again.

So now I ask, should mesmer/chrono players start to cry about firebrand and rev being too OP? Now that i think about it, even the all boon chrono was considered as broken because ANet was lazy to design normal traits so they invented the %damage/boon trait, this can even be proved, in raids D/D deadeye was really good, sitting at the top of DPS charts with a 5 or so button rotation(this was at the time when chrono could give all boons), after chrono got nerfed, it fell back to 10+th place.