Map completion locked behind story, (meta) events (or their daily rewards)

Syrus.2174

@"Syrus.2174" said:While I do think those are annoying, the Purple room PoI is on yet another level of frustrating design. Unlike in the Silverwastes or even Dragon's Stand, the Consul's Tomb can only be reached (without doing the story or the help of a mesmer) by doing two meta events which will give you a key that, once per day, allows you to get a CHANCE at getting into that room. It is not guranteed, you cannot do it multiple times per day or with different characters. It can only ever accessed if you get lucky ... or if you go through the story (or get lucky - once again - and find a mesmer who is currently doing the story and portals you in).

It's both not great, but to me, the latter just goes too far. At least Silverwastes's Labyrinth I can get into whenever the Vinetooth meta is done. Dragon's Stand is harder, true, but even there, if I wanted to go there with multiple characters, nothing is stopping me but its timer running out at some point.

I understand what you are saying, but you seem blind to the fact that you've created the obstacle you're trying to overcome. Reread the post you just made. "I know there's an easy way to do it, but I don't want to use either that easy way or the other currently available ways that aren't as easy, I want there to be some other way." It's fine that you don't want to do the story, but you must see that you are the only thing standing between you and that option, which is what has created your problem . . .

Which is what I meant when I said that I don't feel like this is something that warrants a change in design. There is a method easily available to you, you've just chosen not to avail yourself of it. Which is fine, but it's not the game's fault . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Syrus.2174" said:While I do think those are annoying, the Purple room PoI is on yet another level of frustrating design. Unlike in the Silverwastes or even Dragon's Stand, the Consul's Tomb can only be reached (without doing the story or the help of a mesmer) by doing two meta events which will give you a key that, once per day, allows you to get a CHANCE at getting into that room. It is not guranteed, you cannot do it multiple times per day or with different characters. It can only ever accessed if you get lucky ... or if you go through the story (or get lucky - once again - and find a mesmer who is currently doing the story and portals you in).

It's both not great, but to me, the latter just goes too far. At least Silverwastes's Labyrinth I can get into whenever the Vinetooth meta is done. Dragon's Stand is harder, true, but even there, if I wanted to go there with multiple characters, nothing is stopping me but its timer running out at some point.

I understand what you are saying, but you seem blind to the fact that you've created the obstacle you're trying to overcome. Reread the post you just made. "I know there's an easy way to do it, but I don't want to use either that easy way or the other currently available ways that aren't as easy, I want there to be some other way." It's fine that you don't want to do the story, but you must see that you are the only thing standing between you and that option, which is what has created your problem . . .

Which is what I meant when I said that I don't feel like this is something that warrants a change in design. There is a method easily available to you, you've just chosen not to avail yourself of it. Which is fine, but it's not the game's fault . . .

I disagree.

• 2 years later...

My problem is Dragon's stand last poi and HP, the ones in dragon's domain. It was not a problem when the map was populated and people were doing the meta. But now, it has been locked for several days for me, as there isn't any people to do the meta, or not enough anyway.  I check several time a day but always locked. I don't have the time to stay on all day every day to check, so maybe the meta is done when I am logged out, I don't know, very frustrating.

50 minutes ago, Rivenstar.4617 said:

My problem is Dragon's stand last poi and HP, the ones in dragon's domain. It was not a problem when the map was populated and people were doing the meta. But now, it has been locked for several days for me, as there isn't any people to do the meta, or not enough anyway.  I check several time a day but always locked. I don't have the time to stay on all day every day to check, so maybe the meta is done when I am logged out, I don't know, very frustrating.

First off, great thread necro.

Secondly, many players were engaged in the Mad King's Festival which may have accounted for low map population in DS.  Now that it's over, it might pick back up.

You could always join a guild and ask for help.

50 minutes ago, Rivenstar.4617 said:

Using the Event Timer?  Playing it when it is the Daily?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rivenstar.4617 said:

Check the event timers (type "/wiki et" in the ingame chat and press enter), then go to DS 10-15 minutes before the meta starts. Checking lfg also helps. People are still doing that meta.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2