Typical day in wvw

flyingplanet.6912

@DAN.7314 said:I wonder if some form of instanced WvW would be better. I see the same problem you do with alliances: if a guild can hold 500 people that would be more then enough to bandwagon a match in WvW. They were even talking about linking multiple guilds together in alliances , which would be even more then 500.

A contact of mine stated that they were determined that the Alliance cap would be equal to Guild cap limitation.

The bottom line is that if you can't compete, no incentive to try is going to magically make it happen. Handicapping is an all-too-quickly dismissed necessity.

@"DAN.7314" said:They were even talking about linking multiple guilds together in alliances , which would be even more then 500.No they wherent because everyone including Anet knows the 500 man cap is the common limit or people would exploit that to make larger "guilds" so they can win WvW. 500 would offer no competetive advantage, just easier to organize smaller guilds together, ie multiple 25+, 50+, 100+ man guilds, as opposed to being restricted to a single 500 man guild. Because people like being in their own guild, for some reason. Its almost like its a war between them or something.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Lord of Rings.5371" said:GW2 WvW 2016/3/18
QFB5DDI.jpg

But did you have everything in eotm too?

I am not sure if Green owned everything in ETOM @ the same moment on that day. But Green could have done that because even the name “Overgrowth” for Green @ ETOM implies Anet might be expecting a larger population for the Green.

To balance the population in ETOM, maps are designed to give 3 sides slightly different strength.

Green (overgrowth) has better scouting buffs. Blue (Frostreach) has better defenses. Red (Badlands) has faster and better offenses.

Etom is my favorite map because I do not plan to spend a lot of time in this game. I do not value anything the game anything of of real importance. But if it could provide a fun experience once a while I would play it.

There were WvW players @ that time would spend hours and hours in the game and I did that for a while too and I realized that it would not be sustainable because sooner or later real life needs for physical, mental, relational, financial and other forms of well being would put a limit on time spend in any games.

Anet was confused about the directions of the game as well. It designed ETOM for beginning players and casual players while preparing for “Heart of Thorns”. After playing HOT for a while, it became obvious to many players that Anet was pushing and demanding more time and involvement with a complex and expansive guild upgrade system.

It might have been a game industry fad at the time of HOT because there were complex games came out in China as well and these Chinese games did not do well either. Players ran away after they realized how resource demanding ( time and money) the new games were.

Successful game like “Fortnite” (https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/14/20965516/fortnite-battle-royale-most-important-game-2010s) is very much like what was envisioned in Anet founder MO’s manifest, causal and just for fun. Maybe that was a MO idea with a Tencent Excution and maybe MO realized this that left to make games he originally envisioned.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/ma_huateng_662578