WvW Roaming Mirage build help

Magical Things.8465

I'm trying to come up with a solo or 2-3 man WvW build and could use some help. Right now my setup is GS/Torch & staff. However I'm not sure it's optimal. Running Chaos - bot, bot, bot. Illusions - bot, top, mid and Mirage - mid, mid, mid. Would like some advice as I think I saw somewhere that Domination was an important line to take. Gear I'm stuck on. Vipers is too squishy I think. Been considering celestial. I don't have access to the new armor.........yet.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Sword/torch - staffIlli bot , bot , midChaos, top, bot , topMirage, bot, mid, mid

cele trinketsSinister armor except breastDire/marshall breastMarschall weaponsDraining + severance sigil on sword/torchEnergy + poison on swap on staffPerplexity runesCondi dmg infusions

Chaotic interruption + sword ambush + sigils are core and insanely strong.

Good sustain through chaos/staff - boon support. Lots of chaos armor. Nice mightstacking.

F1 can go up to 87% crit chance with 190% damage through illusions, severance, fury.Did some duelling yesterday vs deadeye , scourge and firebrand. Won each of them , on 15 fpa. Either im a Legend , they were garbage , build is good , or a combination of it.

If ur Timing teleports , dodges , f4 and blurred well u are unkillable vs 1.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Sword/torch - staffIlli bot , bot , midChaos, top, bot , topMirage, bot, mid, mid

cele trinketsSinister armor except breastDire/marshall breastMarschall weaponsDraining + severance sigil on sword/torchEnergy + poison on swap on staffPerplexity runesCondi dmg infusions

Good sustain through chaos/staff - boon support. Lots of chaos armor. Nice mightstacking.

F1 can go up to 87% crit chance with 190% damage through illusions, severance, fury.Did some duelling yesterday vs deadeye , scourge and firebrand. Won each of them , on 15 fpa. Either im a Legend , they were garbage , build is good , or a combination of it.

As I mentioned I don't have access yet to the new stat stuff. Any sub for Marshall?

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Sword/torch - staffIlli bot , bot , midChaos, top, bot , topMirage, bot, mid, mid

Also which utilities?

U can swap stats via mystic forge . marshall inscriptions are arround 5g. U can use dire , sinister or power/vita/condi damage ( forgot the name) as a sub. Utilitys are false oasis ( good hp Scaling) , illusionary ambush - gives ur clones Infinite horizon once ! , Blink + jaunt. Cleanse mantra is situational and can be subbed when meta changes. Currently it feels good ton have vs scourge etc.

U can dodge a lot of scourge , but if u get hit cleanse + jaunt make the Deal.

If ur Timing teleports , dodges , f4 and blurred well u are unkillable vs 1.Well maybe you are a legend, but if I'm not mistaken that build got little in the way of speed and thus would be meh against anything mobile with a little cleanse, which describe 90% of roamers or small groups.

Either way it would be really interesting to see a good power mirage fight an equally good condi mirage, but alas I doubt most WvW maps have 2 mirages on at any given point in time, lol.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:U can swap stats via mystic forge . marshall inscriptions are arround 5g. U can use dire , sinister or power/vita/condi damage ( forgot the name) as a sub. Utilitys are false oasis ( good hp Scaling) , illusionary ambush - gives ur clones Infinite horizon once ! , Blink + jaunt. Cleanse mantra is situational and can be subbed when meta changes. Currently it feels good ton have vs scourge etc.

U can dodge a lot of scourge , but if u get hit cleanse + jaunt make the Deal.

Thanks for the help! I will try it out.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

If ur Timing teleports , dodges , f4 and blurred well u are unkillable vs 1.Well maybe you are a legend, but if I'm not mistaken that build got little in the way of speed and thus would be meh against anything mobile with a little cleanse, which describe 90% of roamers or small groups.

Either way it would be really interesting to see a good power mirage fight an equally good condi mirage, but alas I doubt most WvW maps have 2 mirages on at any given point in time, lol.

Funny I see Mirages all the time. Anyhow since you have an opinion on someone else's build care to post what you feel would be effective thus keeping the post on point?

• 3 months later...

This is what I run, this build lacks mobility you could use teleport in utility slot to compensate to an extent

Armors,Trinkets,Back,Weapons-Trailblazer till I hit 100% confusion then carrion for restPerplexity RunesMalign InfusionsSigil of Bursting on axeSigil of smoldering on torchSigil of leeching and force on staff

SpecializationsDueling: 2-1-2Illusions: 3-3-2Mirage: 3-3-2

Utility- Decoy, Mirage Advance, Signet of midnight

Elite- Jaunt

If you know how to play this you will beat most in a 1v1 exceptThief(you will be lacking mobility and retaliation, so condi thiefs and deadeyes will be difficult to deal with if they are good)Elementalist(they will keep cleansing your conditions, so you need to find a way to outlast them)

@Hackuuna.4085 said:I don't recommend staff on Mirage in WvW roaming until they fix the staff ambush. It happens far too often where the projectile disappears without contacting anything.

Tbh even if staff only had phase retreat it would still be worth it.

(though I do agree it would be nice if staff ambush projectile had an additional speed buff and perhaps a wider impact radius).

Archived