Mastery Points, HUH?

Just came back after being away since before HoT. Trying to level mount mastery for my raptor.

How do I gain more masteries? I need 2 points for the next mastery rank, I have one, but my exp bar is full. I can't dump the mastery I have, unless I'm super retarded.

How do I get that 2nd mastery point to rank up?

@"IndigoSundown.5419" already posted the wiki that explains everything.

Short version:

• Every region has a specific mastery point: Core Tyria, HoT, PoF and Icebrood Saga.
  • There are 2 ways to gain mastery points. Achievements and finding them, similiar to hero points.

The fastest way to gain another point to train the mastery rank would be to find one on the PoF maps.

Look for something that looks like this, just greyed out on the map.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/41/Masterypoint%28Path_of_Fire%29.png

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. I didn't even know there were mastery achievements. I noticed there was a master point in the desert, on top of a rock cliff surrounded by quicksand. Couldn't figure out how to get it without throwing my laptop across the room.

This makes sense!

@"The Fits.4693" said:Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. I didn't even know there were mastery achievements. I noticed there was a master point in the desert, on top of a rock cliff surrounded by quicksand. Couldn't figure out how to get it without throwing my laptop across the room.

This makes sense!

Oh yeah, I should also have mentioned that you can't reach some of the points yet (disregarding any mesmer or movement ability shenanigans).The quicksand one requires the skimmer, since that one can float on water, sand and branded areas. So some are gated by mechanics you first have to unlock by getting the mastery points from other locations.

Another thing: You can max out an exp bar and then change to another mastery to not "lose" exp for unlocking masteries, if you don't have enough mastery points. It will keep the progress. Once you have unlocked some more mounts and their corresponding mastery tracks, that could be helpful.It's more noticeable in HoT.

Also, try to get the Pact commander mastery track maxed, belonging to Core Tyria. It will give you the ability to autoloot from a long range!

Yep, the next mount is going to be the bunny. You'll most likely unlock them in this order:Raptor -> Bunny -> Skimmer -> Jackal (Heart Vendor, costs 30 gold, make sure to do the renown heart to get it for 20g instead)

The Story will not lead you to the Jackal. You'll have to locate the vendor.

After that there's also 2 more "exclusive" mounts: The Gryphon and the Skyscale. Those are costly (Gryphon 250g + doing some stuff, I'd say Skyscale costs around the same and is time gated)

So you'll have to find other Mastery points to unlock, since the quicksand one is out of reach at the moment.

Edit: Completely forgot about the Roller Beetle. He's available through a collection from LS4 Ep 3 Long Live the Lich. He's pretty easy to get an very useful when moving through flat terrain!

I just wanna FLYYYYYY. Bein a no0b after coming back, I bought the Skyscale pack for gems, not even looking into the mount system. I was like 1600 gems for all these Skyscales? Sold! Then I noticed they were just skins and the mounts were locked.

I still have the bruises from the wife finding out.

@"The Fits.4693" said:So much has changed since I left. I remember farming champions and karma. Now I'm like "oh, God whats this. What's that. I need this but first gotta do that... Ooooh! What's this, how do I that."

Welcome back to GW2.

I frequently suggest people create an account over on gw2efficiency.com. Once you follow the instructions to create an API key there, you will have an unimaginable wealth of information about your account at your finger tips. Especially helpful is the achievements section that lets you filter for achievements that will grant you mastery points for the different zones.

And for the skyscale...you have to have all six episodes of living world season 4 unlocked on your account - one of the collections requires 250 of the map currency from each map. And when people say the griffon costs 250 gold, I like to point out that it is really 25 gold ten times - you have to buy 10 items from heart vendors that are 25 gold, so you don't have to have all 250 gold up front. That's a ways off for you right now, but, don't let the amount scare you away. I know it seemed really daunting to a couple of my guildies at first until I explained it to them like that.

@"Raknar.4735" said:Yep, the next mount is going to be the bunny. You'll most likely unlock them in this order:Raptor -> Bunny -> Skimmer -> Jackal (Heart Vendor, costs 30 gold, make sure to do the renown heart to get it for 20g instead)

The Story will not lead you to the Jackal. You'll have to locate the vendor.

After that there's also 2 more "exclusive" mounts: The Gryphon and the Skyscale. Those are costly (Gryphon 250g + doing some stuff, I'd say Skyscale costs around the same and is time gated)

So you'll have to find other Mastery points to unlock, since the quicksand one is out of reach at the moment.

Edit: Completely forgot about the Roller Beetle. He's available through a collection from LS4 Ep 3 Long Live the Lich. He's pretty easy to get an very useful when moving through flat terrain!

When I tried to unlock the Skyscale for another of my accounts (that has never played/visited Hot,PoF,S3,S4 maps) I took the following "mount-route":

First the raptor than the springer each until level 3. because they help a lot travelling in the Dragonfall map.

And then I went to Dragonfall and did all the things for the Skyscale collections (and gained more experience for the Raptor and Springer, but did not spent any more mastery points in those until I had enough mastery points reserved for the Skyscale).

After I got the skyscale I went back to the other maps and unlocked skimmer and Jackal, but the experience gained went into the skyscale, until its mastery was fully maxed. On the way to this I travelled PoF/S4 maps and collected easy mastery points on the go.

After the Skyscale was maxed I countinued with the Jackal and after I was able to use sandportals I collected some more easy mastery points that were not reachable before.

After that I unlocked and completed the beetle (very fast travelling on the ground, can reach some more mastery points, is very fun to travel with), and only after that I went back and unlocked the Skimmer.

And during my travelling I collected mastery points, when I came along.

This did not feel like "grinding", instead, it was kind of fun to re-visit the "old" maps with a fresh account.

For fast levelling PoF/S4 mastery I recommend XP-Boosters/buff-food etc. and doing the meta-events in Dragonfall with a class that can do a lot of AOE-damage. The amount of XP I gained in Dragonfall was insane (compared to other maps).

And if you do not have the core-tyria-mastery auto-loot "Advanced Logistics" yet, I recommend doing so, also. Else you could miss to collect a lot of loot/coin/currency in Dragonfall if you are not careful.

I do not think that the above is the most-efficient way, but it was for me. And it was (mostly) kind of fun. After this I had all mounts (except Griffon and Warclaw - I do not care about them for my secondary account) at full mastery within 3-4 weeks.

And after that I revisited HoT (map travelling is easy now with these mounts) and unlocked the basic masteries to use gliding, mushrooms and Nuhoch Wallows.

Being able to use Nuhoch Wallows makes map travelling Dragonfall even faster in some occasions.

Hope this helps.