Advice and builds for 2v2?

Omnicron.2467

Hi everyone!

I am a bit of a casual player when it comes to PVP, most of my time is spent in PVE, but I do like to learn and improve, but I do not have to time to craft working builds of my own.

I played some 2v2 for the first time yesterday, and it was very different from 5v5. I am trying to think what I would enjoy playing. I see the forums are saying Fire Brand and Core Necro are out of control in terms of balance. Is the Firebrand build people are talking about this one? - https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Symbolbrand I struggled to get good damage out of it, in 5v5 I was more of a bunker-healer FB which seems harder to do in 2v2 if your team-mate does not have really good damage.

Also is this the necro build people are talking about? https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Vanilla_Condi_Necro I have not tried it yet, never really played core necro, I skipped straight to Reaper so it will take time to learn, but also interested in a challenge.

I was also wondering about the viability of thief and warrior, I could often 1 v 2 with them on a capture point in 5 v 5. Any viable build for these two professions?

Finally, any general tips for winning 2v2, apart from picking broken professions or getting good? :)

Warrior isn't a team fighter you're better off with somthing like guardian/rev/necro if you're looking to get sweaty. You're looking for synergy with your duo and some competent teamwork. Focus targets, cleanse/heal each other, cleave a down. Necros seem to be running death magic and blood magic with signets to abuse the lack of damage. Gl tho

Also go sagebrand

@Omnicron.2467 said:What is the necro build people are talking about? Is it power or condi? Is it specifically core or do e-specs also work?

core, can be condi or power. paladins ammy for power. rabid for condi.undead runes for condi. Carapace build, and just play around cleansing/carapace giving insane toughtness and out of the world life force generation to never die.When you get focused, kite and hit throught walls with shroud 5,4. and staff 2,3,4,5.when your teammate gets focused, keep some distance to not get AOE CCed -> thats how you lose, when you both get aoe stunlocked. and peel for them.try to chill both of them in aoe, when he gets low drop aoe fear, when he gets jumped use spectral ring, if he gets condis use pulsing well that removes them etc etc.and just vomit damage