Am I reading these right?

So hey, here's the situation. I've been away from the game for some time (about a year) and lost track of some of what's been going on (as well as some mechanics) but I'm toying with the idea of returning someday and I occasionally read balance patch notes, that's why the most recent balance update made me do a double-take. Specifically, the seemingly massive power scaling reductions on some skills. If I recall correctly, power scaling on skills has always been key for skills to be useful, right? So when it goes from 2.x to 0.x or whatever, doesn't that just make the skill... pretty much unusable? And there's so many skills affected... Is that, like, the general trend lately? If I come back, will PvE be more of a slog?

Man, I don't even know what the real question here is. I've been away for too long. Cool story me.

CC is now CC in competitive modes. Not also mobility, damage, evades and more all at once.

I'm also almost fully convinced we will get some base damages back on several of these skills. For now we're probably just testing the waters, there is still a lot of work that needs to be done.