Any Ideas?

I'm just sad. I got air vented out of the HoT boss fight last night. I don't think I can can go back to that again anytime soon. The anguish. So, any recommendations of what I should do now? Go on to LW 3 or jump to PoF for a pet? Go back to map clearing? Obviously all my work to follow the story linearly just went out the window. Any cool Druid stuff I should pursue?

Thanks.

Druid: Master 30

@Wraith.8127 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Try making multiple threads complaining about the same thing. Oh, too late

Is that what passes for edgy these days? shame.

Nope, it's when someone who reads most threads and just happened to see the same shit twice. Maybe someone will hold your hand and tell you how to play your game with no idea what interests you. Like one boot from a map and you act like the path you wanted is now closed is the shame. It will happen again by d/c or accidentally walking to the edge of a map down the line. Frustrating yes game altering no

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Try making multiple threads complaining about the same thing. Oh, too late

Is that what passes for edgy these days? shame.

Nope, it's when someone who reads most threads and just happened to see the same kitten twice. Maybe someone will hold your hand and tell you how to play your game with no idea what interests you. Like one boot from a map and you act like the path you wanted is now closed is the shame. It will happen again by d/c or accidentally walking to the edge of a map down the line. Frustrating yes game altering no

That's the thing, he didn't cross post. He posted in the bug forum in hopes that his problem can be fixed.

He also posted here in Players Helping Players to get an idea of what to do next since he wasn't sure what to do since his original plan got derailed.

He's not sure what the end of the HoT fight entails so he wanted to make sure that if he continued to the next step he wouldn't be missing anything major. At least that's what I got out of what he posted.

@"Wraith.8127" said:I'm just sad. I got air vented out of the HoT boss fight last night.

I completed Mordy once. I didn't fight it once. I just completed it once. I'd say it was the boss fight that made me start my "once chance" policy towards bosses in the game. ANet need to go over it and clean it up at some point. TBH a lot of older content needs a pass.

As for you, I say just continue the story as normal. Unlock the S3 and S4 maps and get the portals to them for easy dailies.

@Khisanth.2948 said:That fight is pretty easy unless you are going Migraine mode which is meant to be a challenge. There is also the Flight of Fancy achievement and well sometimes achievements try to live up to their name. Other than that just ignore the gliding and many problems go away.

From reading the bug post looks like he got hit by lag during the phase where you have to use your glider. I can see how lagging out there can cause problems due to how the game handles lag.

@Seera.5916 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:That fight is pretty easy unless you are going Migraine mode which is meant to be a challenge. There is also the Flight of Fancy achievement and well sometimes achievements try to live up to their name. Other than that just ignore the gliding and many problems go away.

From reading the bug post looks like he got hit by lag during the phase where you have to use your glider. I can see how lagging out there can cause problems due to how the game handles lag.

There is no need to do any gliding unless you are doing Migraine or Flights of Fancy. Removing gliding would eliminate any issues associated with gliding.

@Seera.5916 said:

There is no need to do any gliding unless you are doing Migraine or Flights of Fancy. Removing gliding would eliminate any issues associated with gliding.

There's one step in there where you do have to glide in order to not die. I know I died once when going through with a friend because I messed on the gliding portion.

Edit to add: We were doing his story step so we weren't doing any kind of challenge mote or achievements.

Just walk into the bubble where the NPCs are standing

Yah. Sorry if it seemed like I was cross posting. One post was on the bug/dev board for me to ring my bell "Shame! Shame! Shame!" and be upset about the glitch. My post here was just about "hey, Im a new player. this is where I am. I don't think I have the mental fortitude to go back and do what I was doing right now. Give me some ideas about maybe something I could do instead."

That's all.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

There's one step in there where you do have to glide in order to not die. I know I died once when going through with a friend because I messed on the gliding portion.

Edit to add: We were doing his story step so we weren't doing any kind of challenge mote or achievements.

I'm not into achievements. I was just doing it to progress through the story. I didn't know standing in a bubble was an option. I thought you had to glide to get through that level. So when I got lifted out of the instance, I was... vexed. I will get over it and go back to it eventually (maybe). It was just a really long chapter full of irritatingly hard fights.

@Wraith.8127 said:

I'm not into achievements. I was just doing it to progress through the story. I didn't know standing in a bubble was an option. I thought you had to glide to get through that level. So when I got lifted out of the instance, I was... vexed. I will get over it and go back to it eventually (maybe). It was just a really long chapter full of irritatingly hard fights.

that one is litteraly 3 boss fight, so not really long ask around in map chat, join a guild and see if anyone can go with you into the chapter?You dont have to do it alone up to 4 others can join you in there.