More skill options for current weapons please?

For the new expansion, can we have more skill options to play around for the current weapon sets? I enjoy the feeling of tinkering with a skillbuild in GW1 but the skills got overly blaoted and became a balancing nightmare, which was the reason why GW2 devs did not want to go that route.

But i think adding just a couple for variation sake would make the game feel more refreshed. Im a returning player from wayyyy back and back then, my guardian was rocking GS and doing the usual pullin, symbol, spin2win. Fast forward 8 yrs later, I come back excited for firebrand/dragon hunter, and realised I'm still doing the same old spin2win combo with little to no changes cos honestly speaking GS and swords are an aesthetic staple.

I know the elite specs make them kind of play differently now, but not all elite spec weapons are fun or good to use. My old mesmer is still using the same old GS pew pew or sword blur strike. Adding some skill options to the weapons would make tinkering builds more fun and you dont need to add them for all skill slots for starters (balancing reasons).

@mizaru.1385 said:For the new expansion, can we have more skill options to play around for the current weapon sets? I enjoy the feeling of tinkering with a skillbuild in GW1 but the skills got overly blaoted and became a balancing nightmare, which was the reason why GW2 devs did not want to go that route.

But i think adding just a couple for variation sake would make the game feel more refreshed. Im a returning player from wayyyy back and back then, my guardian was rocking GS and doing the usual pullin, symbol, spin2win. Fast forward 8 yrs later, I come back excited for firebrand/dragon hunter, and realised I'm still doing the same old spin2win combo with little to no changes cos honestly speaking GS and swords are an aesthetic staple.

I know the elite specs make them kind of play differently now, but not all elite spec weapons are fun or good to use. My old mesmer is still using the same old GS pew pew or sword blur strike. Adding some skill options to the weapons would make tinkering builds more fun and you dont need to add them for all skill slots for starters (balancing reasons).

This suggestion has ups and down, personally I think it would be cool if we had few different skills to choose from for each weapon, that way every weapon could be condi, power, support or hybrid weapon. However there is some proplems to do this.