I need a Scourge build for raid

Black Storm.6974

I’m looking for a Scourge build for raid, but possibly one with a rotation that I can follow (not only skill priorities).

I need a rotation to follow, because I’m not able to play well while looking at the skill bar all the time, waiting to use skills as as soon as they are available (in the order of priority), paying attention to all those low cooldown skills and the internal cooldowns of traits.

Could someone share a good build that I could enjoy? I had not any problem with any other necromancer build I used, it would be okay even if you share a build with a difficult rotation. I just can’t play the current “META” build for Scourge.

The alternative would be returning to use a Condition Reaper (when conditions and epidemics are “needed”), which I miss so much (I enjoyed it far more than Scourge).

I’m also interested in condition builds for Reaper.

Well not really, Scourge builds always rely a lot on spamming The F1- F5 skills as they come off cooldown because they are instant cast.

Condi Scourge is bad dps wise and is mostly used for epidemic, it rather has a skill priority because the key focus lies on epidemic on the encounters that it works.

Heal scourge you seem to know.

The problem is you just cant come up with a self made build and a self made rotation as the necromancer weapon selection sucks for it on scourge. Power DPS relies on AXE 2 burst, sustained DPS wise Dagger AA is stronger, if you decide to switch to axe you are stuck at it for a period of time which you cant fill with normal shroud, as in DPS Reaper.

The closest thing with a fixed rotation that is moderatly viable is DPS reaper, but its dps is generally subpar.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Condi_DPS

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Power_DPS

Its sadly not a fun time for necros in raids.

Well, then scourge might not be the right class for you.Play renegade, does way more damage and has a rather simple rotation.

On some bosses you can play this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAs+/lFwAx0YkYx+Y9UB-zRJYmRLfhEXBkbC0RIY1BJI2CvmUcWB-e

But be careful. This stacks toughness, so you only want to use this, when there's no need for a tank, or if the tank isn't chosen by toughness.Also this works better on encounters like sabetha, where the adds can trigger the death Nova trait. Spawning minions.

But this only frees you from triggering dhuumfire. The rest is still skill priority and "spamming" shade abilities to get extra torment dmg.

Scourge and, to a broader extent all Necro builds, works better using skills as appropriate, often more than a rotation. Casting barrier before receiving damage from means you follow the boss' skill rotation instead of slipping heals into your rotation. Scourge barriers are not heals so they expire after a couple of seconds where heals do not making timing of the barrier ahead of incoming damage more important. With a Druid healer there may be more time to plan a heal but a Scourge has to watch for tells from enemies.

Barrier costs LF so, like Thief's initiative, spamming skills the moment you have enough LF can leave you short on resources for the instant your team needs it. Instead, keep a reserve, not all, to use it just before your group needs it. (This 'preemptive' barrier use strategy falls apart in WvW zerg battles where incoming damage comes in multiple attacks sustained over time and less predictable so spamming barrier as often as possible is more effective .) All that to say your support job as Scourge demands you watch the fight very closely and either abandon a rotation in the split second you get for a tell or get used to aborting a rotation to use barrier and heals.

Transfusion is another support skill that performs differently between game modes. In WvW, enemies can watch for it and bomb your collection of downed players.

• 4 weeks later...

@"Brujeria.7536" said:Well not really, Scourge builds always rely a lot on spamming The F1- F5 skills as they come off cooldown because they are instant cast.

Condi Scourge is bad dps wise and is mostly used for epidemic, it rather has a skill priority because the key focus lies on epidemic on the encounters that it works.

Heal scourge you seem to know.

The problem is you just cant come up with a self made build and a self made rotation as the necromancer weapon selection sucks for it on scourge. Power DPS relies on AXE 2 burst, sustained DPS wise Dagger AA is stronger, if you decide to switch to axe you are stuck at it for a period of time which you cant fill with normal shroud, as in DPS Reaper.

The closest thing with a fixed rotation that is moderatly viable is DPS reaper, but its dps is generally subpar.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Condi_DPS

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Power_DPS

Its sadly not a fun time for necros in raids.

Don't forget you need to stagger your triggers for the dhuumfire since it has a 1 second internal cooldown. And the maintenance of your shades.

But yeah, if anyone is looking for a simple class to play that does condi damage, scourge is not the one for you. Its deceptively complex and although your average dps isn't bad, it's going to be discriminated against because it's not optimal. It's still stronger than condi reaper, but that isn't saying much.

Condi Scourge shines in places like Sabathia where their superior aoe and epi potential really shows through.

If I was to fix condi scourge I'd remove the support elements from demonic lore and give each skill on the shade bar a unique pulse with extra damage but lacking defensive utility except for desert shroud. I'd then empower the sand Savant to be more defensive removing the torment in favor of something more helpful for party support. Something that uses the shade placement since that was removed from its utility which is extremely disappointing imo. I'd also change feed from corruption to grant like a % bonus damage based on the number of boons on you...

But I'm getting off topic...