Bug, Lag or ?

Andy.5981

About an hour ago now, I was fighting in DBL between McLains supply camp and Parched Outpost. I was on mount heading towards McLains, when I spotted an enemy player heading in the opposite direction. A Druid.

So using the dismount harpoon I took them off their mount and proceeding to attack them. I play Soulbeast.

Hang on? Couldn't target the player. If I pressed Tab I got their pet, but repeatedly pressing tab to swap targets didn't work. The player was locked in a sort of "falling" animation and skipping across the ground. Direct targeting by clicking on them also didn't work.

All of their attacks however were landing. Within a few seconds a second player joined them and before long I died.

Now was this lag? Which seems odd since the borderland was fairly quiet and I hadn't encountered any lag previously. To support this the mount dismount skill worked perfectly so their mount location was accurate.

Was it a bug?

or was something else going on?

@"Dawdler.8521" said:The broken falling animation on dismount happens. Usually not related to any failure to target afaik though.

Yes I've seen and also experienced the "falling" animation when being dismounted a few times. This was a new one on me. Repeated attempts to target just didn't work, well, they did on the pet via TAB but not on the player. After my death, both the Druid and the new player headed to the sentry and killed it, so clearly they were at that location. Very odd.

@Andy.5981 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:The broken falling animation on dismount happens. Usually not related to any failure to target afaik though.

Yes I've seen and also experienced the "falling" animation when being dismounted a few times. This was a new one on me. Repeated attempts to target just didn't work, well, they did on the pet via TAB but not on the player. After my death, both the Druid and the new player headed to the sentry and killed it, so clearly they were at that location. Very odd.Keep in mind that sometimes the tab targetting utterly fail if you went past your target. IE if you targetted the ranger first but tabbed next. I've had it literally fail to target any of the 10 people straight in my face in favor of a wall just because I already had one of them targetted.

Well yes, I understand that and having played since just after release I know what you are talking about.

However that doesnt explain how directly clicking on the player, or attempting to, didn't work. They could not be targeted.

I'll keep an eye of for them tomorrow and attack them again, to see what happens. They were quite a distinctive character so I will be able to remember them when I see them.