1v1 mini season

Tayga.3192

@"UNOwen.7132"

Do you not realize how many things you are stating in threads that are completely not factual? I mean we're talking the difference between opinions and things that are simply not true.

For example:

• Two people could have a reasonable argument over class balancing.
  • But when someone tries supporting their arguments with things that are simply not true, no one can take it seriously. You know, saying things like: "Core Necromancer doesn't have enough sustain!" or "Thief doesn't have enough mobility!"

I know you're like trying to stress a weird point in your argument with me and that's great. Just know what you're talking about first.

@UNOwen.7132 said:For one you could select them. Both through caling target, and through getting close enough to the gate when they are. Second, you typically knew through them swapping classes. Its hard to counter 2 different types of build with the same class. So people swapped back and forth.

Already explained:

@Tayga.3192 said:I think this can easily be fixed with locking players in spawn, as it should be.

You are stressing a point that's easily fixable by literally making the doors longer.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:For one you could select them. Both through caling target, and through getting close enough to the gate when they are. Second, you typically knew through them swapping classes. Its hard to counter 2 different types of build with the same class. So people swapped back and forth.

Already explained:

@Tayga.3192 said:I think this can easily be fixed with locking players in spawn, as it should be.

You are stressing a point that's easily fixable by literally making the doors longer.

That still leaves the swapping classes part. You can see that from the scorescreen. And if you take that away, what is the point of swapping builds alltogether?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@"UNOwen.7132"

Do you not realize how many things you are stating in threads that are completely not factual? I mean we're talking the difference between opinions and things that are simply not true.

I do realise how many. 0. Everything I say is completely factual. You however have said multiple things that arent factual, including about things you yourself said.

For example:

• Two people could have a reasonable argument over class balancing.
  • But when someone tries supporting their arguments with things that are simply not true, no one can take it seriously. You know, saying things like: "Core Necromancer doesn't have enough sustain!" or "Thief doesn't have enough mobility!"

I know you're like trying to stress a weird point in your argument with me and that's great. Just know what you're talking about first.

Im not trying to "stress a weird point". Im simply pointing out why buildswapping is just as bad, but in different ways, as no buildswapping, and why no matter how you approach 1v1, build diversity will be non-existent. But the part that shouldve tipped you off is that we had build-swapping in 2v2. Your miracle catch-all cure was there. And yet, build diversity was non-existent.

@UNOwen.7132 said:That still leaves the swapping classes part. You can see that from the scorescreen. And if you take that away, what is the point of swapping builds alltogether?And this is fine as it is.

@UNOwen.7132 said:Your miracle catch-all cure was there. And yet, build diversity was non-existent.For thief and mesmer, build diversity was 0.

For all other classes, every class had at least 2 builds which could trade evenly with crev, bunker necro and firebrand. However the easiest builds to play were obviously the most used.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:That still leaves the swapping classes part. You can see that from the scorescreen. And if you take
that
away, what is the point of swapping builds alltogether?And this is fine as it is.

It still leaves to the "try to swap at the last second" thing.

@UNOwen.7132 said:Your miracle catch-all cure was there. And yet, build diversity was non-existent.For thief and mesmer, build diversity was 0.

Those 2 classes just werent played much in 2v2 because they sucked.

For all other classes, every class had at least 2 builds which could trade evenly with crev, bunker necro and firebrand. However the easiest builds to play were obviously the most used.

I wouldnt say that CRev and Firebrand are among the easiest classes. They were just by far better. Yes in theory you could build to counter them. But they could then swap off of the counter and counter you. And they did. Thats why you just saw those 3, playing variations. No build diversity.

@UNOwen.7132 said:It still leaves to the "try to swap at the last second" thing.I never saw someone swap last second. I saw Keksmuffin change to DH, that's all.

@UNOwen.7132 said:Those 2 classes just werent played much in 2v2 because they sucked.ikr

I wouldnt say that CRev and Firebrand are among the easiest classes. They were just by far better. Yes in theory you could build to counter them. But they could then swap off of the counter and counter you. And they did. Thats why you just saw those 3, playing variations. No build diversity.They are, actually. I saw more necros than those two though. For the record, I was usually getting matched against between top 250 and top 100ish since my duo was waaay higher rated than I was.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:It still leaves to the "try to swap at the last second" thing.I never saw someone swap last second. I saw Keksmuffin change to DH, that's all.

I mean at lower levels people didnt bother, I was personally just not willing to play Holo, but at the higher levels people did it whenever they were swapping builds around.

@UNOwen.7132 said:Those 2 classes just werent played much in 2v2 because they sucked.ikr

Well itd get even worse in 1v1 I imagine.

I wouldnt say that CRev and Firebrand are among the easiest classes. They were just by far better. Yes in theory you could build to counter them. But they could then swap off of the counter and counter you. And they did. Thats why you just saw those 3, playing variations. No build diversity.They are, actually. I saw more necros than those two though. For the record, I was usually getting matched against between top 250 and top 100ish since my duo was waaay higher rated than I was.

Eh. Id say both Boonbeast and Prot Holo were easier. Maybe even variations of Spellbreaker. But we didnt really saw many of those.

@UNOwen.7132 said:I mean at lower levels people didnt bother, I was personally just not willing to play Holo, but at the higher levels people did it whenever they were swapping builds around.I don't think I was lower rated, at least not as a duo team. Maybe it's yet another EU vs NA thing.

Well itd get even worse in 1v1 I imagine.Mesmer is good in 1v1, not good in 2v2.

Eh. Id say both Boonbeast and Prot Holo were easier. Maybe even variations of Spellbreaker. But we didnt really saw many of those.I saw 0 boonbeast but I saw plenty of prot holos. Some spellbreakers as well, but it was mostly LR weavers that were trying to counter necros and crev + firebrand duos.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:I mean at lower levels people didnt bother, I was personally just not willing to play Holo, but at the higher levels people did it whenever they were swapping builds around.I don't think I was lower rated, at least not as a duo team. Maybe it's yet another EU vs NA thing.

Possible.

Well itd get even worse in 1v1 I imagine.Mesmer is good in 1v1, not good in 2v2.

Its better in 1v1, but I dont really think its exactly great either.

Eh. Id say both Boonbeast and Prot Holo were easier. Maybe even variations of Spellbreaker. But we didnt really saw many of those.I saw 0 boonbeast but I saw plenty of prot holos. Some spellbreakers as well, but it was mostly LR weavers that were trying to counter necros and crev + firebrand duos.

For me it was the opposite, I saw a bunch of boonbeasts but I was the only engineer around.