Legendary Gathering Tools

I've been thinking about this a bit for another similar post (I can't find it right now or I'd have posted there since it was first) and I think that it would be nice to have. I even haveĀ  a method for implementing it.Ā  So for some things we had to craft tools, those tools went all the way up to exotic level. Just add an ascended level set and the legendary set to craft. Crafting the legendary set would consume a gem store permanent tool of the same type and return a Legendary one. Glyphs would be converted into legendary glyphs only if added to a legendary tool. Each glyph added adds that glyphs ability to the stat selection of the legendary tool.

Ā 

So the forge recipe would be: Ascended gathering tool + gem store gathering tool of same type + Clovers + Gift of Tyria (Gift of Mastery + Gift of Fortune)

Ā 

Just a thought šŸ™‚

Edited by Seth Moonshadow.2710
So the forge recipe would be: Ascended gathering tool + gem store gathering tool of same type + Clovers + Gift of Tyria (Gift of Mastery + Gift of Fortune)

On 5/25/2020 at 5:31 AM, thehipone.6812 said:

Now look at ectos on a multi-year chart and see how cheap they still are relatively. And what do gathering glyphs have to do with ectos? Economy could use more sinks for multiple things before it gets more sources. At least zephyr festival is coming up.

What your idea would do is tank the value of remaining gatherables even further, glyph of bounty is great on its own and silly combined with the others. Bounty + herbalist = no more valuable plants (even more than now). Bounty + prospector = bye bye whatā€™s left of platinum oreā€™s value.

And it is gonna feel really crappy for anyone who bought a gemstore tool with real money. whether justified or not, lots of people would probably feel like their cash tool was now second-rate and would resent ā€œhavingā€ to grind out a legendary tool after making a cash purchase. Mad customers are not good for business.

Just let us sell the tools back at half-price in gems. Problem solved. We got a lot of use out of them for not breaking, etc.

Honestly I don't really case so much about upgraded tools (although Legendary tools would be great), I just wish we had legendary armory functionality for the gathering tools so I don't have to swap my unbreakable tools from one character to the next. I swap those a lot more than my few legendaries I've been able to craft.Ā