Nerf flanking dive

Fat Disgrace.4275

Honstly, this skill is so dumb, it has 100% evade frame unlike the melee attacking evade skills, it costs 3ini acts a a repeatable gap closer or escape artist and can do 7-10k just having #3 on auto attack. True its uw weapon and not isn't truly game breaking but when I can troll and kill 5 people with very little effort is kinda dumb. The hardest hitting skill was and should of been #5

I kind of agree, #5 kind of covers the underwater brawler aspect already and the weapon already has the pull while I can still close distance with harpoon. I don't like over shooting but it could probably be fine with lower damage and shorter distance but with a better rounded and faster curve.

but it is an underwater skill. underwater fights are pretty much never happening. didn't pvp get rid of it? I have to agree on that it is a pretty strong skill for evasion. I just see no point in targeting underwater balance. so I am fine with whatever happens to it.

@pninak.1069 said:but it is an underwater skill. underwater fights are pretty much never happening. didn't pvp get rid of it? I have to agree on that it is a pretty strong skill for evasion. I just see no point in targeting underwater balance. so I am fine with whatever happens to it.

Because, well this is mainly wvw thing, bay to the point... it's very close to impossible to chase a theif under water with that skill since like I already said it's a repeatable gap closer/escape artist. And if you dont catch the thief then you have the risk of a random portal somewhere. For 3 ini, it moves 450 range ? Just as fast as dash movement trait so it can be used may be 6 or 7 times in row before you run out of ini.

ah I understand. I thought these fights were rare. but if it is really that broken it should be changed. But at the same time as a mesmer I got two skills to get pretty much away, unless autotargeting disrupts my aim. combo of slipstream and feigned surge is very strong too. the weird thing is that feigned surge works on land or when you are about to reach land. you literally see your char running with a spear on foot.

@pninak.1069 said:ah I understand. I thought these fights were rare. but if it is really that broken it should be changed. But at the same time as a mesmer I got two skills to get pretty much away, unless autotargeting disrupts my aim. combo of slipstream and feigned surge is very strong too. the weird thing is that feigned surge works on land or when you are about to reach land. you literally see your char running with a spear on foot.

A commander tag can decide to gather everyone up and try to avoid that mix up but if they gamble and happen to have a few people who know their builds it can turn into a quick cleanup. It's definitely not a widespread obstacle but can be a factor at places like Bay and EB Green Keep where some fight hotspots on land at a wall can be affected by underwater skills and Elite skills. So instead of sniping and jumping enemy squad buffs and boons I can go fishing for a bit by hitting one of their immediate support with ranged Basilik and then pulling another in with Scorpion Wire then possibly pull a second with Tow Line.

More subtly in those few fights, my group can sink and maybe engage from a blind angle with underwater set of utility and elite that immediately flips to land. Again it's an avoidable factor but if everyone wants to gamble it can be a lot of fun but also decisive and you have a good chance at getting away with your loot.