Fights Inside Structures

Svarty.8019

@Hannelore.8153 said:Fights inside structures do happen, in Keeps and Castles. It just doesn't happen in Towers because they're worthless. If they offered a potential waypoint, or any other kind of benefit, you'd see people defending them more.

It isn't always about defending. I've been in many a fight squad that will stack inside the tower, waiting for the wall to go down: why fight in an open field when you can farm bags in a choke?

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:back out to another kitten chapter in the kitten saga of Ryland the Baby with Abandonment Issues and his boss, Bangar the Delusional.

ANET: this person can help your marketing department :+1:

The only way this will ever happen is if the defending side has weaker walls than the attacking side. That is, a claimed objective in enemy territory has stronger defenses than an unclaimed objective in that same territory, otherwise its very easy for the attacker to take the objective but then it's also very easy for the defender to retake the objective, which is why nothing ever stays claimed.

Think about it, besides SMC, when was the last time you saw a T2/T3 objective owned by an attacker in your territory? The current system just encourages flipping weak objectives back and forth between attacker and defender.

And move the Lord to the ground level in Towers, replacing its current location with a capture flag.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Think I'm gonna need a little more convincing as to why we should weaken walls and upgrades more...

With all due respect, that's not the topic. The topic is;

Inner walls and gates should be made much tougher than outer walls.

You can infer all of the appropriate information that I am implying here. Look, it doesn't affect towers, so small scale guys can still ninja stuff, but with tough inner walls, there can be more interesting fights INSIDE structures with potential defenders actually being able to (at least) arrive at the keep/castle before it is captured, for once.

Hmm I coulda swore I saw your original post saying make outer weaker inner tougher. If not then my bad.

I just don't think it'll make any difference, other than you get the blobs coming back in here complaining about not getting in faster like before the change, and people still complaining about upgrading too fast and having too many upgrades. The real problem here isn't the walls or upgrades, it's not having enough on at the right times, this gets worse as the week goes on. Adding another 30s to get into inner isn't going to suddenly make more people show up every keep fight, and there's already a number of other variables to delay a break in. What makes keep fights fun is when you actually have people there for both sides, and again I say that's mostly on reset and some prime nights.