From the Devs AMA- “to make power vs. condi into a real choice.”

Swagger.1459

@otto.5684 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:If I were to make changes, i would:1) make all non-damaging conditions (immobilize, cripple, weakness, slow, etc) be unaffected by expertise.2) make confusion and torment stack in duration only, not intensity.3) remove the damage over time part of Poison. And have it stack only in duration. Keep the reduced healing aspect.4) Traps don't begin recharging until triggered.

That would make bleeds and fire the only damaging condi. Basically, any condi build not named FB is dead.

I think making toughness impact condi damage would be the way to go. I also think that resistance should operate like protection but for condi damage, with more access. Rev and warrior may require some skills/traits rework to compensate. Other than that, I think the balance between condi and condi removal is okay.

The real issue now is not that condi damage is too strong, but That power damage too weak. Way too weak. Almost all power skills need their damage increased between 25% to 35%.

As for traps, I agree that traps need some limitation. But trigger is not the way to go. This could lock the skill if you place the trap incorrectly, or enemy avoid it, for the entire game. Better solution is to limit the trap duration.

Are we playing the same game? I don't think we are. Your ideas are off in space, man.

Okay

@Aihao.5824 said:How, being a thief i can spike necro that has 29k hp + srhroud, dealing 3.5k dmg with a backstab? Just bring the pre feb patch game state

This is what ~60% of players are saying @AliamRationem.5172. Trying to say it is an isolated position is either ignorant or misleading. You either buff power damage and/or nerf sustainability. As of this point, if we nerf Condi, it will be more of bunker slug fest than it already is.

I agree to u, i have nothing vs condi damge now, its completely ok, i'd like power damage to be on the past level.Deeply tired of bunkerfest

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic