Some ideas for guardian spirits

sgeisi.5981

Bow of Truth should be a healing skill with a water field, a staff weapon added that produces a ward should be a utility, and armor that summons onto the Guardian should be the elite. Then we just need Shelter to be made into a meditation (it's where it fits because it is selfish in nature), Litany of Wrath changed to a consecration (allowing allies to heal for damage they do within the area), and an elite Consecration added. Then Anet can also stop being lazy and fill the holes in the other classes and all can rejoice.

Well that would be a lot more work than I was thinking. But I don't disagree with you. Sadly none of it will ever see the light of day I would guess. It's all about those elite specs now. Those can be packaged into expansions, where updating core skills is just a free bonus.

@Azoqu.8917 said:Bow of Truth should be a healing skill with a water field, a staff weapon added that produces a ward should be a utility, and armor that summons onto the Guardian should be the elite. Then we just need Shelter to be made into a meditation (it's where it fits because it is selfish in nature), Litany of Wrath changed to a consecration (allowing allies to heal for damage they do within the area), and an elite Consecration added. Then Anet can also stop being lazy and fill the holes in the other classes and all can rejoice.

They could just change Shelter to a self-centered aoe field (that lingers for 2-4 seconds, 180 radius) that grants self and up to 5 allies passing through it 2s of the current shelter effect, then increase the cool down to 35s. This would change literally nothing for the guardian using it but would fit in nicely with the consecration theme for ally support.

What you proposed isn't bad, but I really doubt allies would be able to make very good use of that, similar to how Tempest eles didn't make good use of "Rebound" in its first iteration, despite how potentially powerful it was.

Increased radius would make it less effective since it would spread the arrows out more. And they don't heal for very much as it is. If it was a healing area rather than per arrow then increased radius would be good. Of the 4 spirits, bow of truth is definitely the most useless one.

That's why I suggested increasing the healing value, or at least what you gain from the modifier, and giving it a secondary effect like slow or chill on the arrow impact with some damage.

Sword and hammer are not bad where they are, and shield isn't super great, but not terrible. It just needs a stun break with stability or aegis, either pulsing or on activation.

I would like it more they could just move the bow to elite slot and make it a damage spirit with arrows that applied chill or burn. With a rapid fire animation instead of barrage. Remove the healing from them all together.

Then make a new stave spirit for the healing slot that does a ground targeted area heal.

Archived