[Suggestions] Story CM mode

You know, I was doing the gryffon challenge and came across special elites with unique abilities.Then I wondered.. why is it that I have to think what I'm doing when fighting random mobs, but then in the story I can just auto-attack to win.Maybe a challenge mode for the LS instances could include mobs with abilities similar to the ones in Kormir's library. It still wouldnt be dreary hard, but at least you'd be challenged mentally to pick your skills and abilities.

But yea, what you said, stories cannot fail. In GW1 you can lose if an NPC died, or an objective wasn't met. In GW2 you can rez everyone, and you yourself can keep fighting endlessly. Heck, even when fighting balthazar you ultimately win. You cannot not win. If balthazar kills you, you get right up. Youll die a little faster each time, but you can endlessly get back up and keep hitting him....

I personally do not see a problem with GW2 stories being able to have settings chosen by the players. I solo a lot and have difficulties with some of the fighting I've run into which is off-putting for me.

In order for me to complete the stories so I can enjoy the "story," why do I have to do hard mode all the time? I'm a casual pve player and would like to see some of the difficulties in LS reduced so I can enjoy the encounters. At present I am not looking forward moving into the next act because it appears I need help from a friend just to finish it. For me Night of Fires was painful. I loved the story and the way it was developed, but it was really difficult to solo for me. Granted, I am not the best player but I do try my best.

I used my Ranger and managed to cobble together a full ascended set of armor with viper stats. Used my bear + fanged iboga pets, but the encounter kicked my butt from here to high heaven...several times. I never made it past the 2nd gate before I gave up in frustration. These should not be frustrating. I ended up asking for help and finally finished it. Will never redo it on another character.

Archived