• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Taygus.4571 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

Why do you feel you need an alternative reward?

Well as I said many times over, it's a pointless festival, and specifically in the case of Mad King, it's so full of silliness.. it's just begging to give out rewards "because you're bad"

If it's so pointless. .why does it matter what rewards they give or don't give?

Why does it matter to you if I get a pair of boots (that I can craft anyway) from a pity win at a festival?

Do you get some sick glee that I crafted them or something?It really doesn't matter to me.

But I'm still curious as to why you feel you need "pity AP"?

I mean you felt you need it bad enough to ask Anet to create an achieve.That most people don't want.

But you can't give a reason as to why you "need" it so badly?

I never said Need, I said want.

Do you NEED everything you ask for?

Do you desperately NEED every request you ever make in your entire life?

I asked for something, if you really did not care. why did you even bother to get involved.

@Nightshade.5924 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Nightshade.5924 said:And this is what CERTAIN individuals on this thread seem to be totally incapable of understanding. Well said. I would add, IF you really wanted to be ABLE to compare the MCT or WD JP's to PvP or raids then BOTH of those puzzles would be available YEAR ROUND. Even better, If you were to treat these JP's like PvP, there WOULD be a non timed version of EACH, that would allow people to PRACTICE them. Again, all year. Then, to MAKE those puzzles truly like PvP, instead of there being a time limit design as is currently in place, there should be a TIMER instead. Then the uber talented individuals would know how they stack up against everyone else, say to the 100th of seconds.

If you keep adding conditions to your statement after you've made it, yes it's not a good example. However what you said initially is that no reward, points etc should be gated behind content that not everyone can do. And that's it. There was no mention of timers or rewards for trying or anything.Now if you add all these details and conditions, and if your claim is to get a tuned down version of the CT for training, no problem. All fair. But thats not what you said initially.Feel free to look back a few pages to see the original statements.

I also never disagreed about a pity title or pity reward, only that you cant get the "completion" reward if you havent completed it. For absolutely any other game (saved telltales level of games) it would be absolutely obvious, but here it is answered with name calling. This seriously got to stop.Do we agree on that or not?

1) Didn't you say you were outta here? I guess it's only ok for you to change conditions?2) I didn't change conditions, I EXPANDED and CLARIFIED some things, esp. in regards to how to make the WD and MCT JP more LIKE PvP. Maybe you should read it again. Like say 100 times.

1) Yes, it was late so I stopped answering to the person I was exchanging with. You're interpreting it your way, I have mine, but this is a useless comment.

2) I gave an example to your initial statement, so it was valid at the time. And it wasn't after you clarified your thoughts. You're basically repeating what I said. So we're in agreement, that's good.

OK STIHL, why do you want AP so badly..that you want pity AP.Basically..free AP..why don't you just move on..do achieves that you can do.

I can't do the FoeFire LS2 achieve. I've attempted it about 50 times on two classes.Anet should give me free AP because I tried.

See how that works?.. It's the story so I should be able to get a "you tried" AP because the story is for everyone, right?

But no,Because that would be a ridiculous request. If you want AP, do the achieves you can do.

@Taygus.4571 said:OK STIHL, why do you want AP so badly..that you want pity AP.Basically..free AP..why don't you just move on..do achieves that you can do.

I can't do the FoeFire LS2 achieve. I've attempted it about 50 times on two classes.Anet should give me free AP because I tried.

See how that works?.. It's the story so I should be able to get a "you tried" AP because the story is for everyone, right?

But no,Because that would be a ridiculous request. If you want AP, do the achieves you can do.

Nuff said!

@Taygus.4571 said:OK STIHL, why do you want AP so badly..that you want pity AP.Basically..free AP..why don't you just move on..do achieves that you can do.

I don't want the AP, would it make you feel better if it came with a 20 AP loss?

How about the completion, but with a -100 AP. So you can be done with it?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@katz.8376 said:[...] we're both in our 40s, neither one of us is able to complete the clocktower jp...and not for lack of trying.

What does age have to do with it? I am past 40 myself.

the older you get, the slower your reflexes tend to be overall. fact of life n all that.

I'm lost here. If it's not about loot or AP or progress. Is it simply that the game should say 'completed' when in actual fact it isn't? I don't get the point. You'd know you never completed it so would it not be hollow? I've challenged myself in games to jump up places I didn't think you were meant to be able to get. For no reward. Either I got there or I didn't. Either I stood on top of the mountain or I didn't. If you're a completionist then I thought the satisfaction came from knowing you actually completed it. Not just typing in a cheat code like in days of old so you'd see 100% game completed, I did that once when I was a kid and it felt kitten because I knew I never actually did complete the game. So I'm sorry but I genuinely don't get it. Maybe I'm just a simple soul so if anyone wants to try and explain it in simple terms or better yet don't and everyone just let this thread die. It all most did.

• ArenaNet Staff

This thread has become very unpleasant and I'm closing it now. If I see the word "pedant" or "pedantic" one more time this week, I'm going to kick a skritt.

People, if you want to discuss something stick to the topic. If you want to disagree with someone, do it without being disagreeable. The moderators will try to do a clean-up on this thread, but I don't have much hope it won't look like the pixel equivalent of Swiss cheese when they're done.

Archived