Personal Story: Icebrood Saga: Chapter 5: Champions - Progress lost

Monti.3572

After "completing" Personal Story: Icebrood Saga: Chapter 5: Champions we got the message to talk to Camilla.That´s how far we can get right now.

To replay an older story part we´ve stopped Chapter5 and activated the older LS Chapter.

Now, on re-activating Chapter 5: Champions it´s NOT talk to Camilla it´s: "Talk to Aurene" -> "Protect Province Metrica" .... again ?!?

Monti

@"Linken.6345" said:Yes because the episode aint finished untill after we do next part next week.EditSo not a bug just bad implementation

Don't get your hopes up even when the final part of the Truce part is finished... The episode is split into 4 subchapters so the episode will be as it is till July or so. The episode is named "Champions" and not Champions: Truce ;). The naming of subchapters is not noticeable in game, its probably only just used for trailer purposes.

So while not exactly a bug, its definetly an oversight they should fix so that after each bit one doesn't loose progress so one can actually do other story bits in between now and the expansion. And so you can continue with where you were ofcourse as soon as you reactivate it. They must have some way to be able to do so.

@Fueki.4753 said:If I remember correctly, the game actually warns you about losing progress when you switch the episode you are playing.

Yeah that would be say you completed 1/3 of defending tyria and lose that progress not reset everything when we finished the final step. So is that to say anyone who finished chapter 5 can't start another story again or an entire part of chapter 5 gets reset. That would not be normal

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:If I remember correctly, the game actually warns you about losing progress when you switch the episode you are playing.

Yeah that would be say you completed 1/3 of defending tyria and lose that progress not reset everything when we finished the final step. So is that to say anyone who finished chapter 5 can't start another story again or an entire part of chapter 5 gets reset. That would not be normal

We havent finished chapter 5 tho, since its not out before tomorrow.

@Linken.6345 said:

We havent finished chapter 5 tho, since its not out before tomorrow.

Yeah I get that but there are multiple story parts to a story. When you finish that part those don't get reset to before a finished part. You know when you finish a part when you get that music and a reward. Quitting a story mid part you would reset not finishing defend tyria move to calm in the storm quit and go back to haveing to replay defending tyria and 3 drm again. That seems to be what happened to the op and that would not be normal because he's done with defending tyria.

@"Jilora.9524" said:Have they said it's more story tomorrow? I really just expect some recruit ebon vanguard event by doing dailies and a diff meta for ebon crystals to trade in to another tier we wont reach. I'll actually be happy if there's more story but no way am I getting excited for anything more

Well, your right they dont really say that.So if we are unlucky its just the same 3 missions but copy past community event with Ebon Vanguard instead.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/118955/so-that-countdown-was-not-for-the-next-part-of-champions-part-1-to-drop/p1

We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.