Did they half the damage gazelle?

Daniel Handler.4816

Ranger

Rock Gazelle—Kick: Strikes from this skill have been increased from 2 to 5. Damage per strike has been reduced by 53%. Vulnerability per strike has been changed from 3 stacks for 6 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.

Rock Gazelle—Charge: The damage from this skill has been reduced by 48%. Fixed a tooltip issue where the daze duration was showing 1 second rather than the actual 2 seconds. Fixed a tooltip issue where the number of targets affected by the skill was 5 instead of 3.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:So is there a point to running gazelle over smokescale?

I still use it as the merged version of Charge is SO, SO useful when i roam. When im not merged i am slower than a snail. Need all the leaps, charges and Swoops i can get lol

I meant like damage wise. It doesn't come with immobilize like the jacaranda, I don't know how you'll ever land kick.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:So is there a point to running gazelle over smokescale?

I still use it as the merged version of Charge is SO, SO useful when i roam. When im not merged i am slower than a snail. Need all the leaps, charges and Swoops i can get lol

I meant like damage wise. It doesn't come with immobilize like the jacaranda, I don't know how you'll ever land kick.

Then i'd say pretty much anything is better, the Gazelle has DREADFUL path finding, with the change to kick makes it even easier to get out of the way and it has serious issues damaging moving targets lol

Then i'd say pretty much anything is better, the Gazelle has DREADFUL path finding, with the change to kick makes it even easier to get out of the way and it has serious issues damaging moving targets lol

Maybe its supposed to be used for PvE? Breakbars and stuff.

Doesnt one of the boars do a great job at that already? Not that im into PvE but i remember in another thread someone mentioning a boar or something doing like 600 break bar damage (no idea what this means though...)

Doesnt one of the boars do a great job at that already? Not that im into PvE but i remember in another thread someone mentioning a boar or something doing like 600 break bar damage (no idea what this means though...)

The harder the cc the more damage you do. Blind does a tiny amount, moaing them takes out a huge chunk.

On second thought they would probably just use a cat for dps and not the gazelle, then swap to a boar for cc. Gazelle is useless.

All that damage, and no delivery.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Doesnt one of the boars do a great job at that already? Not that im into PvE but i remember in another thread someone mentioning a boar or something doing like 600 break bar damage (no idea what this means though...)

It's complicated. Boar has the potential to do 500+ but there's some work and a bit of randomness that has to go into it. If being core Ranger or Druid, and letting Boar attack on its own, there's no way to really control when it'll use Brutal Charge (300 defiance bar damage). Keeping it on passive can increase the chances, but there's a likelihood that it would use Maul before Brutal Charge - and breaking a defiance bar is always a short window (average of 5s or so - will vary enemy to enemy).

Then there are the Forage Items that Boar can fetch, Bone Crack (300), Throw Rock (200), and Skull Fear (100-300 depending on distance from target). Keep in mind the short break window, but one can preemptively forage a bit ahead of time since foraged items persist on the ground for 30s. If the stars align or you're just really good at planning ahead, Boar has the potential to deal 600 damage to break bars (half on its own, half with a bundle).

With Soulbeast, one could squeeze up to 900 defiance bar damage by foraging ahead of time, melding and using Brutal Charge in Beastmode (300), exiting Beastmode and Boar's AI uses its Brutal Charge immediately (300), then you or someone uses the foraged item (200-300). Skull Fear also scales with the player's condition duration since it's Fear, so that can deal up to 600 with 100% condition duration at 0-200 range of the target(s) on its own if the RNG is there.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Doesnt one of the boars do a great job at that already? Not that im into PvE but i remember in another thread someone mentioning a boar or something doing like 600 break bar damage (no idea what this means though...)

It's complicated. Boar has the potential to do 500+ but there's some work and a bit of randomness that has to go into it. If being core Ranger or Druid, and letting Boar attack on its own, there's no way to really control when it'll use Brutal Charge (300 defiance bar damage). Keeping it on passive can increase the chances, but there's a likelihood that it would use Maul before Brutal Charge - and breaking a defiance bar is always a short window (average of 5s or so - will vary enemy to enemy).

Then there are the Forage Items that Boar can fetch, Bone Crack (300), Throw Rock (200), and Skull Fear (100-300 depending on distance from target). Keep in mind the short break window, but one can preemptively forage a bit ahead of time since foraged items persist on the ground for 30s. If the stars align or you're just really good at planning ahead, Boar has the potential to deal 600 damage to break bars (half on its own, half with a bundle).

With Soulbeast, one could squeeze up to 900 defiance bar damage by foraging ahead of time, melding and using Brutal Charge in Beastmode (300), exiting Beastmode and Boar's AI uses its Brutal Charge immediately (300), then you or someone uses the foraged item (200-300). Skull Fear also scales with the player's condition duration since it's Fear, so that can deal up to 600 with 100% condition duration at 0-200 range of the target(s) on its own if the RNG is there.

Yeah until they make pig skills easier to use, its just not worth it. You can Gazelle and Lunar Impact for a consistent 632 on small targets.

@Lome.8239 said:

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

Yeah until they make pig skills easier to use, its just not worth it. You can Gazelle and Lunar Impact for a consistent 632 on small targets.

It was never Gazelle vs Boar. Both are competing for a slot in the Tiger/Electric Wyvern meta in pve, and they both fail at being viable replacements.

This post started because of PvP. People didn't mind overlapping archetypes and running Gazelle/Smokescale before the nerf. Now Smokescale/Jacaranda seems more reliable and it comes with the perks of two archetypes.

@Lome.8239 said:

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

It was never Gazelle vs Boar. Both are competing for a slot in the Tiger/Electric Wyvern meta in pve, and they both fail at being viable replacements.

This post started because of PvP. People didn't mind overlapping archetypes and running Gazelle/Smokescale before the nerf. Now Smokescale/Jacaranda seems more reliable and it comes with the perks of two archetypes.

Wyvern is not good on small targets. You should use Gazelle or Black Moa instead.

Archived