How to send a private message on the new forums?

Nafets.1238

I think it was mentioned that it is bound to the ranking system (like many of the features), no? For instance, only veterans will be able to add signatures. Feels a bit like pre-school. :p

P.S. Maybe I am wrong and they have reduced the messaging system to notifications only (for instance, when you get punished for an infraction).

Go to the person's profile and there is a "message" text on the left side of their avatar. It could be a lot bigger text size though, making it more obvious.Edit: Maybe the rank level restricts the number of the recipients as it states "You are limited to 1 recipient." for me.Edit2: Inbox is the second icon next to your name at the top of the page. Click on it and there is a "New Message" button.

@hiccups.3790 said:I like to know, too. I am a long time forum user and I should be able to send PMs. I'm in GW2 since headstart and I was active in the forums since headstart.

You need to be 'Member' rank (two stars next to your name) for PMs. Member rank is awarded after 72 hours on the forums and 5 messages posted.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Archived