Why ppl going Bounty and ignore events?

Why ppl going Bounty and ignore events? Most booring thing, most unrewarded thing - new bountys, All ppldooing it and tottaly ignore all events, metas. Looks like GW2 players right now can go 2 BDO becose i dont know how this maindless grind of same elites and champions evry day can be fun and reason 2 ignore PoF events.

Because the bounties are needed for achievements. And the PoF events are even less rewarding than bounties. There's literally no reason right now to do PoF events other than for achievements or because you really really like the desert and you don't need any more gold/stuff in the game.

@Adenin.5973 said:Because the bounties are needed for achievements. And the PoF events are even less rewarding than bounties. There's literally no reason right now to do PoF events other than for achievements or because you really really like the desert and you don't need any more gold/stuff in the game.

new chest form PoF mobs cand drop precursors and new exotic collection items ever blue bags..... its much more rewarding.

@Anhellbro.7210 said:

@Adenin.5973 said:Because the bounties are needed for achievements. And the PoF events are even less rewarding than bounties. There's literally no reason right now to do PoF events other than for achievements or because you really really like the desert and you don't need any more gold/stuff in the game.

new chest form PoF mobs cand drop precursors and new exotic collection items ever blue bags..... its much more rewarding.

Many things in this game can drop precursors. If you really want to kill tens of thousands of mobs for a small chance of getting a single 300-800g item, then go for it. Also, not everyone is an AP hunter or wants to do collections.People want gold, to craft legendary items, to get new ascended armor, to get new stats, to get Gems or buy whatever skins they want.

Most people in this game farm gold, in fractals, SW, Tarir, Lab. These things are far more rewarding gold wise, than any content PoF has to offer.

I do bit of everything and for no specific reason. So when you say people who exactly are your talking about?I see someone doing a bounty in the area I'm in I'll help that event be successful, then carry on doing w/e it was I'm doing. I'm not specifically chasing said bounty.I'd say other people do this as well.If an event is close to me I'll check it out, if it's an event I've checked out before and didn't enjoy the 1st time probably not gonna mess with it a 2nd time.I'm sure most people are that way aswell. In some peoples cases they all could be very well non-enjoyable. It's each to their own.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:Because MMO's have for many years taught their fan base that the fun in the game is getting rewards, and ANet built most of the game around the idea that people would do what there was to do because it would be fun to do it.

MMO's haven't taught that.It's virtually a mechanism in any damn living organism to seek rewards.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:Because MMO's have for many years taught their fan base that the fun in the game is getting rewards, and ANet built most of the game around the idea that people would do what there was to do because it would be fun to do it.

MMO's haven't taught that.It's virtually a mechanism in any kitten living organism to seek rewards.

There is always an exception or an abberation of the rule.Some ppl just want to travel through the desert, sitting on their raptor wile discussion topis they find funny.Not rewarding, except that it´s fun.

@Zaltys.7649 said:Well... I ignore events because nobody's doing them and there's no point in trying without a large enough group. I know that from past experience, have wasted too much time on those already for no rewards.

some are pretty fast and easy by self like the ogre pet taming event in the desert highlands. I did it 2x yesterday back to back some how kept going in circles, kept ending up back at it haha.I took a 4hrs nap not long after that, think i was just sleepy with no sense of direction lol.

facepalm im playing 5 years 7000+ hours and for me its mist buring action im ever see.

@Zenith.7301 said:

MMO's haven't taught that.It's virtually a mechanism in any kitten living organism to seek rewards.

OK, I'll reword my statement a bit. MMO's took peoples' desire for reward and focused it on either virtual "growth" or virtual gewgaws as a means of keeping peoples' interest over the lengthy periods the MMO business model was based on.

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:some are pretty fast and easy by self like the ogre pet taming event in the desert highlands. I did it 2x yesterday back to back some how kept going in circles, kept ending up back at it haha.That one is actually one of the reasons why I'm no longer doing events. Spent a while on that, and when I was about to finish... it failed without any apparent reason, the ogre simply despawned. I assume that there's a hidden timer.

By the way, it occurred to me that there's no PvE dailies for events in PoF, there's only daily bounties. Adding the former would ensure that there's plenty of players doing the events... at least occasionally.

@Anhellbro.7210 said:

Bounties can drop recipes for unique armor sets.

Archived