Thief Ostracization In WvW zergs

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

40 minutes ago, Littlekenny.4196 said:

I'm half a year late to this but the issue here is that a good thief who is capable of being effective can't be effective without stability and can't prove themselves until they get the stability. It is a risk giving them the opportunity though as other classes are easier to do well with in a zerg.

Also there are some commanders who say "we need more damage" and move the daredevil that just did the most damage and created the most downs into the reject party so even proving yourself doesn't always work just because you are a thief.

I don't normally join tags, so none of that matters. I rarely have Stab anyway when I'm floating or tethered out from a squad and I rarely have it when I'm hopping on zergs to keep up with our side in case someone goes down or I have it as consequence. I was also responding to someone's bad take but for the most part. The second part is why I don't join squads mostly, if I'm only buffing myself, I might as well not be a dot to be yelled at and then I can be where I need to be and not where everyone else just melted. 

9 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

I don't normally join tags, so none of that matters. I rarely have Stab anyway when I'm floating or tethered out from a squad and I rarely have it when I'm hopping on zergs to keep up with our side in case someone goes down or I have it as consequence. I was also responding to someone's bad take but for the most part. The second part is why I don't join squads mostly, if I'm only buffing myself, I might as well not be a dot to be yelled at and then I can be where I need to be and not where everyone else just melted. 

I didn't realise it was a response to that take. I was meaning to respond to that take too starting "Here is the reality about thieves in zergs from someone who occasionally pugmands". I should have reread, my bad.