Tankers in WvW: sadly they rule the game and sabotage my fun in WvW

manu.7539

what are u complaining if u accept #1?

plus, what's "full public"... opentags tend to hide their tag because pugs on some servers aren't helpful for fights (mess up stealth, rally enemy) and u can farm some 60 sized clouds with 30-35 people better than with +10 pugs that only rally their cloud.

they transfer maybe off, because tier 5 is basically a pain to ppt out of. the tier shouldn't exist, and nobody should be forced to ppt just to not have no content at all for 2 months. that's nothing but a issue within the whole system.

... and what are u complaining if  50 people of your servers population decide to follow the tag into eotm or OS?

_____

next, players don't destroy servers. severs have not a strong identity anymore, hence people don't feel bound to them. thank the again bad system for this.

guilds transfer for content, obviously. cannot expect every single player to have three alts, just to get one matchup with content and not only ppt24/7

NA has far less fighting activity really, i think. at least the numbers seem to suggest that.

a server that gets overstacked with guilds, has some leaving sooner or later, IF its really overstacked. bc if the fights become to one-sided against every other server, no one really gains much about it.

the WSR guilds know their stuff well enough. it's a common mistake to think the guilds "don't know" how to siege stuff up, often it's just too boring to actually take the objectives, and a better farm to just kill the defenders again and again.

u better not forget the siege stuff is pretty much the same since nearly 10 years. who would not get overbored about this after all that time?

i was thinking like this "ppt and objectives are the focus in wvw" as well, but after one year i realized that there's more.

if there would be just an extra tier, a challenge mode, where only player kills give points with great rewards and all the guilds wander off to that - the normal wvw tiers would be ppt focused but also full dead, probably.

maybe thats the only option to finally solve the Wvw question.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:50 AM, jemdarr.2158 said:

Take one look at NA and what happened to Fort Aspenwood or Maguuma. The "big fight servers" that completely destroyed themselves.

What?

You're confusing GvG with "fights".  You're also confusing match variability with long-term population, as if everyone is supposed to play the same number of hours every single week despite real life commitments.

If any server is "destroyed", it's the link servers that get bandwagoned to so they become host servers then abandoned until they're link servers again.  I mean, that's basically what you said but then you confusingly hold up long-time host servers as examples.  Your "data" doesn't fit your conclusion.  Mass transfers are not happening because of specific playstyles.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 2

On 5/7/2021 at 6:50 AM, jemdarr.2158 said:

And this is the #1 problem in WvW right, players destroying servers and links by transfering around because they want to force everyone else playing what they want. If that doesn't work they quit the game. Take one look at NA and what happened to Fort Aspenwood or Maguuma. The "big fight servers" that completely destroyed themselves.

Unless you're talking about something that happened over 2 years ago or longer, I don't agree with your assessment on how mass transfers are affecting NA.  First of all, I can't even think of any significant transfers in or out of either of those servers for a very long time.  Mag has just been CL/IV and a bunch of pugs in EBG for years, and FA has just been KnT, BOMB, Hate, eA, + a lot of pugs.  I don't even know what you mean when you say "look what happened to FA or Mag" because nothing much has changed.  I've only really played for the last 3 years though so maybe I just don't know what you're referring to.

In general, mass transfers aren't really a problem on NA servers.  Guilds really don't transfer that often.  It's not like EU where there have been massive population shifts that stack one pairing then leave a dead server in T5 for 2 months.  From what I've seen, most of the NA transfers just come from random pugs trying to get on what they perceive as the strongest server link for that period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1