War Eternal Meta Achievement - Salt on the Wound is still broken

So as I understand it this achievement worked fine when it came out in 2019.
However.

its 2021 now and it's gotten more and more horribly broken as time passes.

The point of the achievement is to land hits on Kralkatorrik's wounds while flying with Aurene in the story instance.
You need 3 hits to 'inflict a wound'
As far as I understood it from the wiki and the forums, the bug advanced to where you need to just hit the dragon 10 times. Which was already hard enough to do considering every hit was considered a miss or out of sight..

And this is where the bug has developed to now.
I can easy land 10 hits on the dragon. But none of them count to the achievement. Even if I hit all 10 in the same spot to inflict a wound, even if I try to do it with multiple people in a party so they can grant me a damage boost.

Nothing I do progresses this achievement. Nothing I do is registered as a hit.
It's honestly frustrating that this is a bug that's only gotten worse and worse as time has gone on.
It's not like it's blocking my progress to getting Vision out of the way, I've done the WVW track.
I just want this achievement out of the way, if not for myself, for the players who hate having to play WVW to get a PVE legendary item where WVW shouldn't be necessary (besides gift of battle)

Please anet, Fix this bug, or let other achievements count towards the meta achievement so it's atleast not blocking progress for players.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Yea I'm getting destroyed by this bug as well. I've tried it with 3 people, all of us firing like crazy at the spots but no success. It's super bugged now as well, sometimes going into the underworld the instance just stops progressing, and gets stuck at Kralkatorrik just waving his tail at us indefinitely. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tips are great, but instance (and achievement) is broken in July 2021.  

Solo after many hours following the tips exactly, the most 'hits' achieved is 26, you need 30 (and that is with 13 in phase 1).

Duo, 100% miss rate, and instance does not progress past phase 1 (or first shooting phase after dodge phase)..

that is 100% miss rate for main (me) and partner... regardless of which target I aim /shoot at. and I tried every available target for at least 30-60 seconds each target.. 

So unless this is fixed,  War eternal -> Visions of Dragonfall -> Vision is an impossibility...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Advertise your party in LA and get in with a few players. This achievement is very hard to get solo but very easy to get with a group. I did it with 3 players and we got it in one try, no problem. However, it would be nice if it would be a more doable solo because now the return to event is over, it will be harder to get a group for it.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
Iterative writing
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...