Can't decide on Charr or Norn elementalist for Fasion Wars.

Greetings,

after returning to the game playing trough the Saga stuff and messing around with different classes i decided to level up an elementalist. I have a hard time to decide between a mal Norn or Charr. Other races and genders are no options. I want to play male and something that's not that common.

I tried both on the PvP Lobby and like both on the animations. Also voice acting is on point on both of them. I read into some lore and both are for me interresting and engaging.

The last two points are rarity and fashion wars.

I never seen a male Norn elementalist ever i think. A few Charr eles (In WVW or PvP not really many of then in PvE). Finally i tried to compare their options to do proper fasion in style. I went to GW2 Style but there are not this much style excamples for both races in the male section compared to human/sylvari/asura.

So if i want the most options in a wide range between a tribal/shamanistic style and and a proper gentleman look for which one would you advice me to go? I only played heavy armor on both races and have the feeling that charr have an superb tier3 armor but not that wide spectrum which fits good (Hello shoulders and clipping) overall compared to the human like model of norn.

So how does it look in the light armor department?

What's your thoughts on this?

Edited by SunTzu.4513
Typo

Well if you haven't decided yet, you are right that sometimes most go by the most obvious when they are selecting the ele class usually you see Female in no mater race and to be honest it looks kind of cool , but given the idea you have for the tribal/shamanistic, I would personally go by Charr even though most would make a warrior a Guardian or or a Revenant with a male Charr.

The main reason why I would choose it is because of the pvp or wvw gear you can get a gear matching the exact description you need. Now if you have HoT you can find the Bladed or even the Leystone gear again matching the description you are mentioning and i think you might be able to unlock it with just the story line. Now as for the Norn a reason why I wouldn't choose it, it's because most of the times the gear looks like a priest honestly if Anet ever decides to make a specialization based on that  Male Norn with the light gear sets would be a huge match. But yeah, overall its up to you to choose the race and the looks just be creative that's all , the class will always be the same.

4 hours ago, SunTzu.4513 said:

Greetings,

after returning to the game playing trough the Saga stuff and messing around with different classes i decided to level up an elementalist. I have a hard time to decide between a mal Norn or Charr. Other races and genders are no options. I want to play male and something that's not that common.

I tried both on the PvP Lobby and like both on the animations. Also voice acting is on point on both of them. I read into some lore and both are for me interresting and engaging.

The last two points are rarity and fashion wars.

I never seen a male Norn elementalist ever i think. A few Charr eles (In WVW or PvP not really many of then in PvE). Finally i tried to compare their options to do proper fasion in style. I went to GW2 Style but there are not this much style excamples for both races in the male section compared to human/sylvari/asura.

So if i want the most options in a wide range between a tribal/shamanistic style and and a proper gentleman look for which one would you advice me to go? I only played heavy armor on both races and have the feeling that charr have an superb tier3 armor but not that wide spectrum which fits good (Hello shoulders and clipping) overall compared to the human like model of norn.

So how does it look in the light armor department?

What's your thoughts on this?

Charr specifically because of their unique animations, Im a norn player but if I ever made an ele it would likely go charr. Because flame legion aesthetics are in the game and as far as I've seen norn look weird in light armor outside of the necromancer. Mainly due to the fact that they outside of racial armor (Both have this issue) just dont look suited to those type of clothes. But male norn voicelines are the best, mathew mercer for the win.