I'm surprised at how much I like the Renegade

Aurelio.6159

I'll admit that I started leveling a Revenant purely because people say that it's unmatched in open world PvE (which is all I play atm), but I'm really loving how the Renegade feels to play. There are a bunch of timers and resources to manage, and making sure that enemies stay at the right spots and keeping buffs up is super engaging. The aesthetic is awesome, too - it's so cool to tear open holes in reality to shoot ghost arrows at people while an angry spirit Charr screams at me to cast down the oppressors. I was worried at how edgy the Revenant seemed to be, but I also enjoy the dialogue with the various legends. It's not like there are a ton of long conversations or anything, but the banter really adds a whole new layer to the character. It's especially fun because I'm playing a Sylvari that gets to talk to Ventari. Everything just... comes together in a fantastic package.

• Like 1

Before the patch, condition revenant probably was the strongest class of the game (if you played it with trailblazer and not full viper), with Mallyx and either Kalla or Glint you could just face whatever champion and non-legendary bounty the game threw at you.

With the torment changes, now it is 100% the strongest open world class, and while before I had my doubts, now Renegade is 100% stronger than Herald due Kalla's Fervor and Lasting Legacy.

There are some people out there saying Revenant is bad, but I guess they only want to see their revenants doing what other classes do.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you run the devastation variant, viper is far better.  If you run the other variants, it can get a bit squishy without devastation considering the recent soulcleave nerf and there's an argument to be made for trailblazers; that said, I'd still recommend vipers.

****this is assuming PvE

Edited by StAllerdyce.3941
clarity on game mode
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, StAllerdyce.3941 said:

If you run the devastation variant, viper is far better.  If you run the other variants, it can get a bit squishy without devastation considering the recent soulcleave nerf and there's an argument to be made for trailblazers; that said, I'd still recommend vipers.

****this is assuming PvE

Thanks!