How is Weaver doing in PvP?

Aodlop.1907

11 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGABw2h3lZw8YZsRmJW0XbvfA-zZILjMTherANGA

This is the standard LR build (or pretty close to it, some people like taking the dps traits in weaver). Dagger/focus is more common, but you can use sword/focus with pretty much the same traits and utilities.

Also twist of fate is a good alternative to air signet as your stun break

Thank you very much mate, cant wait to try it out tonight

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say Weaver is any kind of fun compared to any other class. I really played weaver/tempest a lot in other game modes, but in spvp on solo queue you can basically delete yourself if it's not a ranger that does it for you.

Most rangers I encountered kill you with 1-2 skills. Means you are out of dodge/block/evade you are dead.

Additionally the match making is absurd and most matches are full of bots, quitters or your team isn't supporting anything (can't even press T for focusing a target)

If you want to have any fun in pvp, play something else that is rewarding without having to learn for a year and still ends up being far away from top.

20 minutes ago, diomache.9246 said:

I can't say Weaver is any kind of fun compared to any other class. I really played weaver/tempest a lot in other game modes, but in spvp on solo queue you can basically delete yourself if it's not a ranger that does it for you.

Most rangers I encountered kill you with 1-2 skills. Means you are out of dodge/block/evade you are dead.

Additionally the match making is absurd and most matches are full of bots, quitters or your team isn't supporting anything (can't even press T for focusing a target)

If you want to have any fun in pvp, play something else that is rewarding without having to learn for a year and still ends up being far away from top.

Yes, you have to really enjoy doing combos and timing everything to a "T" and be somewhat masochistic to enjoy weaver. I still play it and have found alternatives to the defense nerfs. Ranger GS stun/daze burst can easily 1-2 a weaver. That's why the air signet is super critical due to its aoe blind and stun break. I'd sometimes swap to dagger off-hand for RTL and updraft and earthquake, churning earth for blasts and primordial stance with fire primary. It's more enjoyable if you mix things around. 

Just think of it as playing a game in super hard mode and if you win a node, it really does feel rewarding

I think sword fire weaver is quite easy to get into and somewhat tanky. It has many kiting/disengaging abilities as well. It’s like the ultimate duellist to me (maybe not as good as say Ranger but I think Ranger is a bit cringe)