Highest damage one-shot longbow soulbeast build?

Bast.7253

I was watching youtube videos the other day and saw this ranger doing longbow 2 and it did enough damage to not only dismount but nearly fully down a player. Not sure if this is still possible after the February patch. I've gotten a decent build with what I have no using marksman/beastmastery/soulbeast but some of the traits in marksman I'm a little iffy about.

I don't really care if it's glassy, just looking for good sniping builds in WvW.

What's the highest potential damage build I could run?  Opening strike seems too situational to rely on so I'm leaning towards 15% to movement-impaired foes trait.

I'm thinking it might be what you use on Gank, @Trevor Boyer.6524.  

4 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

I was watching youtube videos the other day and saw this ranger doing longbow 2 and it did enough damage to not only dismount but nearly fully down a player. Not sure if this is still possible after the February patch. I've gotten a decent build with what I have no using marksman/beastmastery/soulbeast but some of the traits in marksman I'm a little iffy about.

I don't really care if it's glassy, just looking for good sniping builds in WvW.

What's the highest potential damage build I could run?  Opening strike seems too situational to rely on so I'm leaning towards 15% to movement-impaired foes trait.

I'm thinking it might be what you use on Gank, @Trevor Boyer.6524.  

Here you go, I was logging in tonight and saw this post, so I took the time to give you a good 25 minute elaboration coming from my point of view on this topic. If you REALLY want to cut to the chase, I show how the build can 1-shot people off mount during about the last 60s of the video. But if you watch/listen to the whole thing, it's a good explanation of current Sic Em Soulbeast in WvW for this patching.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044027398

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Here you go, I was logging in tonight and saw this post, so I took the time to give you a good 25 minute elaboration coming from my point of view on this topic. If you REALLY want to cut to the chase, I show how the build can 1-shot people off mount during about the last 60s of the video. But if you watch/listen to the whole thing, it's a good explanation of current Sic Em Soulbeast in WvW for this patching.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044027398

Thanks!

I was testing out the build I was running versus this one which is more comparable to the one on metabattle and the damage seemed pretty equal. I was trying to figure out why considering marksman seems like it has a lot of damage boosts for longbow and I think the biggest difference I've noticed is Quickening Zephyr. When I run that on the build I was running I was taking the golem down to about 93% versus 94/95%. Your build was staying at around 95/94%.

Pretty negligible difference. Auto attacks with marksmanship were critting at about 4800 and with your build at 3900-4300 ish so overall not that much of a difference when you factor in the condition removal. 

I might just leave each in a template and leave the wilderness survival build for actual roaming and have the other for just trolling from towers or something. 

Another advantage of Wilderness Survival seems to be the constant fury uptime which creates a more steady increase in strike damage. 

So all in all, the damage looks pretty similar. I just always assumed you had to run marksman to get those kinds of numbers but I guess the quickness and fury uptime really make a big difference.

7 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

I have some vids up where I play the build. 

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENlZw2YPMQmJWsX7v9RkG-z1QYhoiiLfHyJjCJsIozEo3Sw2DiYUgBQk9Qf9PW0f0C-w

Last i checked the build editor actually doesn’t show the correct amount of crit dmg but whatever. 

this is what I am playing, exept I take bear stance for cleansing ( really good against blinds for example )
and protect me, for some semblance of survivability 

On 6/3/2021 at 4:55 PM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

this is what I am playing, exept I take bear stance for cleansing ( really good against blinds for example )
and protect me, for some semblance of survivability 

That works. I usually run QZ and LR + sicem cus i find it more fun. Dolyak + QZ is my go to if things get a bit tough.